Reset Map View feature

• christian1776b
  • christian1776b's Avatar Topic Author
More
9 years 3 months ago - 9 years 3 months ago #5682 by christian1776b
Reset Map View feature was created by christian1776b
<<< I originally posted this in the Suggestion Box, but I realize it is better suited here, in the wish list. >>>

Hi !

I'm new to this nice extension. I've been playing with the component and plugin for a few days.

I am looking for a feature to reset map view. So far, I have not found it, so perhaps this is an enhancement request.

What would that feature look like ?

Let's assume that the map is draggable and has zoom control. Now the user plays with the map, moves it to the east, moves it to the west, zooms it in and out and in again, and so on ... and after a while, user is lost, and no longer sees what was supposed to be on the map, because he/she is entirely somewhere else. A little button somewhere that would allow to "reset map view" would be nice. A very good place would be right in the center of the panoramic control, but I would certainly not complain if it were anywhere else.

What would it reset ?

Since the map has center longitude, center latitude and zoom level, that's it. Reset map view to center longitude, center latitude and zoom.

I have no idea if that would be hard to code.

Thanks in anticipation,

Christian
Last edit: 9 years 3 months ago by christian1776b.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 3 months ago #5690 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Reset Map View feature
I'll do it when I get more free time.
Thanks for patience.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
9 years 2 months ago #6087 by Dima
Hi. I've done it and I'm ready to create release for component and module. Do you want to use it in plugin, or I can have little time to do in plugin a little bit later?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• christian1776b
More
9 years 2 months ago #6090 by christian1776b
Replied by christian1776b on topic Reset Map View feature
Hi,

At this moment, I use the component and plugin. So far I have not used the module. If this feature is available in the component, it is fine for me.

But please do not worry about schedules. I am a hobbyist, and I am in no rush to meet deadlines. Take your time.

Thanks for your time and effort,

Christian

More
9 years 2 months ago #6096 by Dima
I did release, check updates

• christian1776b
More
9 years 1 month ago #6284 by christian1776b
Replied by christian1776b on topic Reset Map View feature
Hi, Dima, it's me again.

Now I can't get the home button to work. Could be some misunderstanding on my side. Is there a demo somewhere that I could see ? I found nothing on the documentation wiki.

Thanks,

Time to create page: 0.137 seconds

Donate

Go to top