Map with multiple layers and ability to switch between them

• Rvdzande
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #11287 by Rvdzande
Can you help me out if this is currently possible OR realizable if we pay for it?

Currently I am using your component to allow people to be able to set markers on a map to report 'issues' in their neighborhood. In the future we have some different plans.

In short:
I want a map to be able to have multiple layers (for example eco and traffic, up to 5 layers)
On these layers there will be markers (just like the component does now) which will open a 360 animation view (already have these) with the area
When I switch from layer one (example eco) to layer two (example traffic) it will remember the last marker I selected. So in other words I want to be able to switch between layers while selecting the marker I have (and displaying the information base on the layer)

I know I can just make multiple maps for each layer, place the markers on each map on the same place and switch between those, but what I would like has to be more advanced.

Do you think this is possible? And can you maybe specify what it would take or what you would ask to realize such a feature?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Rvdzande
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 8 months ago #11288 by Rvdzande
Just had some thoughts about this, but if the above isn't possible I could archieve something like it by:
- Making sure each marker has a url / hyperlink based on the marker and the selected layer
- Add in each markers 'pop-up' or lightbox links to the other layers

In this way people can select different layers on top of the map (they basicly go to another map) and switch between layers from the selection...

Any second thoughts on this and the above?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Donate

Go to top