cluster of markers

• ketzaldev
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #2360 by ketzaldev
cluster of markers was created by ketzaldev
Hi Dima,

Thanks again for this great component.

There is a function in the map to group the markers into clusters. Would it be possible to add a parameter to make it more precise, i.e. not only based on the zoom level, but also on the distance between tow markers.

Here is an example: In the map I'm displaying, at zoom level x (which is lower than the zoom level I set up in the map for the cluster), there are 2 markers very very close. I would like them to be into a cluster, because I can see that there are 2 markers, there are two close.
If I increment the parameter for the cluster in order to solve this, then some of my markers which are far away from each others will also be included in the cluster.

I think it should be possible to do a function to put into clusters only markers which are really closed to each others and that cannot be displayed on the map, rather than based on the zoom level (or let the user decide.

Thanks a lot in advance
Best Regards
Louis

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2361 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic cluster of markers
Hi Louis

This is clusterer documentation

google-maps-utility-library-v3.googlecod.../docs/reference.html

There you can see what parameters you can control.
I'll read a little bit later to analyze it is I can do (may be use grid size)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• ketzaldev
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #2374 by ketzaldev
Replied by ketzaldev on topic cluster of markers
Hi Dima,

I think this could be either the batchSize, or the gridSize (I would say gridSize).

Thanks for help
Louis

• ketzaldev
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #2375 by ketzaldev
Hi Dima, I tried to dirty patch it in one of the cluster configuration in the default.php file, it is working perfectly:

$scripttext .= 'markerCluster0 = new MarkerClusterer(map, [], { maxZoom: '.$map->clusterzoom.', gridSize: 10});' ."\n";

Louis

More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2376 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic cluster of markers
Thats fine.
I had plans to add parameters for clusterer, but there was no user's request.
You are the first :)
OK. You can use your patch, after my holiday break I'll add parameters to do that, but didn't decide how it will be more user friendly, because it is only one option for clusterer, and it has more :)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by Dima.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ketzaldev

• ketzaldev
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #2382 by ketzaldev
Cool,

I think it would be nice in this case to put the parameters as textfields, with already a value inside which is the default value of Google (as advanced parameters). Then if the user want to chenge them, he can just change the value. In the tool tip, you can also write the default value, then people can roll out in case of issue to the google default value.

Just a proposal

Time to create page: 0.078 seconds

Donate

Go to top