Swinge created the topic: User Generated Favorites to produce a Custom Map
Please forgive the simplicity of my questions, I am not a developer so I hope I don't waste your time.
Is there a way that a user could browse various maps and add placemarks to favorites to generate their own map? Could this map be printable?
Because I don't speak developer I also have some questions about the current functionality, I will assume they are all yes unless you specifically tell me that I am not correct:
1. Placemarks can be generated dynamically from addresses in the database.
2. It is possible to draw numerous polygon figures to display different areas on the same map (KML)
3. Placemaker is customisable in size, font and layout
4. It is possible to highlight one placemark but display other placemarks within the same category (in my case for instance showing a particular shoe store in a large descriptive placemark but also display other shoes stores in the area with small icons).
5.It is possible to display multiple categories (icon types) within the same map (clusters?)
Dima replied the topic: Re: User Generated Favorites to produce a Custom Map
Check my documentation.
You can enable in map properties ability to enter custom placemarks for registered users.
A1 - you can't automatically create placemarks by its addresses. You can use MySQL console to create records in placemark table with text address, and after that you get map with this placemarks.
But Google Maps API v2 restrict geocoding about 12 addresses in one time, therefore you'll get errors when will show this placemarks.
I suggest using this field (text address) for importing placemarks into my component tables, and after that manual move in backend of each placemark its position to set latitude\longitude attrubutes.
I write about that in documentation
A2 - I load KML layers as described in Google's documentation, and there you should read about what you can do with KML, and what you can't do. Check Google's documentation for API v3
A3 - I'm not clear understand your question. You can define your custom image as a placemark icon. You can write any HTML text in placemark InfoWin
A4 - you can define for one placemark "highlighted" (your custom image) icon, and for the others - the other icon, and you cam see it different.
A5 - you can display your placemarks and maps as you want
- display map as a component with all placemarks
- display map as a component with placemarks which you want to see (it can be from different maps)
- display map as a module with all placemarks
- display map as a module with placemarks which you want to see (it can be from different maps)
- display map as plugin by placemark (only one definite placemark)
- display map as plugin and placemarks by category
- display map as plugin and placemarks by placemark group
- display map as plugin and placemarks by it IDs list (it can be from different maps)
- display map as plugin and placemarks by it IDs list (it can be from different maps) in lightbox
You can create cluster for definite icon, you can create different clusters and etc
Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED, donate