Turn Path on and off with Placemark Group

• ollyfarren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4474 by ollyfarren
Turn Path on and off with Placemark Group was created by ollyfarren
I have made a Path and given it a Placemark Group.
When I load my map, the Path is there and I can not switch it on or off by clicking the placemark group icon, I can turn on and off the placemarks by clicking the placemark group icon, but the path stays on the map.

Can I assign the path to a specific placemark and then turn it on or off by clicking the appropriate placemark group icon?

sorry for being over complicated.

regards,

Olly.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4475 by Dima
Today that group assignment works only for KML layers. In future - I'll do that.

As for KML - you can see on/off option in map details - "manage path" field in "placemark group" slider(tab)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• ollyfarren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4480 by ollyfarren
Replied by ollyfarren on topic Turn Path on and off with Placemark Group
Thank You Dima,
Please let me know when that feature is available.
also, (maybe I should start a new topic for this but here goes)
can I set the map to be the entire webpage with my menu's etc within the map like this site?
www.ireland.com/what-is-available/map

More
10 years 1 month ago #4481 by Dima
Hi.

Yes, you can do

Look user's examples (from my demo site)
www.geodiversidad.es/index.php/en/
namibian.org/

You can use my template for full screen map

wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Main_Page#Zh_Template

wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Zh_Template_Map_FullScreen

Explanation: my template - simple template with only 3 section. There is no any nested divs.
Modern templates have lots of nested divs. But for height=100% you have to set it for each nested div, otherwise you will have collapsed divs, and you will not see map

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• ollyfarren
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4482 by ollyfarren
Replied by ollyfarren on topic Turn Path on and off with Placemark Group
Thank you.
It works! I have full screen map.
1. Can I put my logo on the map?
2. My Placemark Group List still loads outside the map, can I make it load inside the map?
3. Can you send me a link to a full version of your Nambia Interactive Map along with the database? I want to see how to make my Placemark list collapsible like you have on your site. "Nambia Map Markers" (that is very cool!)

More
10 years 1 month ago #4483 by Dima
Hi.

1 - you can publish Custom HTML module in header or footer, and apply any styles to it.
2 - you should use "Placemark Group Control" to Map-Group or Group-Map, and apply styles to group's div for positioning. For this values I don't use table layout, as I remember I wrote about that in my docs (in description for field values)
3 - it is not my site, it is only my component. As for collapsible menu - it is simple menu, which created manually and published on map. Each item - it is map call. I suggest authors to change a little call, ie
- for current version each menu item associated with different displaying map, ie the page is refreshed
- I suggest to set "Enable Support External Link to Placemark" to yes (option in map menu item), and change call to centering on that placemark. In this case the map will not reloaded (page will not reloaded)

The following user(s) said Thank You: ollyfarren

Time to create page: 0.177 seconds

Donate

Go to top