Now the map is zooming instead of scrolling

More
5 years 10 months ago #11713 by Dima
It is for computer browsers too. I think.
If you open this link, the first map - it tells use ctrl+scroll.
The second - it disable mouse wheel zoom. The third - allow wheel zoom.
I think you describe case #1 - you want to have disabled zoom when scrolls on map.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #11714 by Harlock
Replied by Harlock on topic Now the map is zooming instead of scrolling
Hmmm… I don't know… What I'm reading on this page is the french translation. But I guess we have the same text. At the top of of the page it says it's about mobile devices. But if, just like me, you look at this page from a computer browser, you of course get the browser message on the black layer.
But you're in a far better position than me to make your opinion about what this page is about :-)

OK, I think I should sum up my issue, because it seems we have a little misunderstanding here.

Yes, a few days ago, when I checked again my page featuring the Google Map, I was surprised by 2 behavior changes :
• 1 ) The map was zooming when I was scrolling the page.
• 2 ) I didn't get this black transparent layer telling me to press Command key while scrolling if I wanted to zoom.

You explained me how to fix problem 1 by changing one parameter in your component.

So now I'm only trying to know how I can get this black layer again (which appears when using my iphone, but not in computer browsers).

More
5 years 10 months ago #11715 by Dima
If you didn't define exact API version in component options - it means you use current experimental version.
developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/versions

Probably they did some changes and you got black layer. After that they did some changes - and you didn't get it again.
But as I understand right, with this new parameter you'll get this black layer with message use ctrl+scroll.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #11716 by Harlock
In the component options, I just tried to replace 3 with 3.27, 3.26, 3.25, 3.exp, but nothing changed.
Well, I will wait for you plugin update and see if I get anything new.

By the way, all this made me wonder about something. I mean let's say I'm on a Firefox window (Mac). I'm on the Google Map. I don't get this black layer message, but I still try to use Command + Scroll. After all, maybe only the message has problems to appear, but the zooming function itself might be OK. But no, no zooming in/out on the map. Instead of that, all Firefox windows are zoomed in/out. I mean it seems to be a common shortcut for zooming in several browsers. Should it create a conflict with Google Maps zooming shortcut ?

(Let me mention that in Safari this global shortcut is not working, but the Google Map zooming with Command scroll is still not working).

More
5 years 10 months ago #11751 by Dima

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #11752 by Harlock
Hi Dmitry,

Many thanks ! You rock !
Now the dark layer is back, cool :-)

After a few testings I can notice that this ambiguity in "Command + Scroll" triggering at the same time Google Map zooming AND browser zooming (Firefox at least) is a bit of a problem. Maybe not when you do things slowly and carefully, but sometimes I get the whole page zooming when I'm doing things more like a regular user…
Anyway I guess this issue has nothing to do with your plugin.

So once again a great thank you from France !

Time to create page: 0.211 seconds

Donate

Go to top