Module placemarks IDs

• Met
  • Met's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11475 by Met
Module placemarks IDs was created by Met
Hi,
I have this problem:
I have created 2 different maps and placed them on my site on two different pages. I have created placemarks for the first map and want to use some of them for the second map as well. After setting the map ID, when I put placemark list IDs (or group list IDs or category list IDs), separating them by semicolons, in the parameters of the second map module, the page in which I have placed the second map doesn't display properly. A blank page is displayed.

Am I doing something wrong in filling the module parameters?

Anyway, is there a comfortable way to create more maps using the same placemark without having to create this placemark as many time as the maps you want to put it on?

Thanks in advance for your reply
Mattia
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Met. Reason: I wanted to specify I have set the map ID on module parameters first

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Dima
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #11477 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Module placemarks IDs
Hi Mattia
You don't need creating placemarks with same parameters for different maps.
You can use parameters (placemark list, category list, group list) - in component and module call, and special plugin calls.

As for your blank page. I check module call by passing placemarks list, and it works correctly. Can you give direct link to your page with empty page (to check browser console for errors). I think you have some errors/
Or, for example, on the other page you can display some other modules which initialized by default by onload call. In this case you can just change map initialization type to JQuery event.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Met
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11481 by Met
Replied by Met on topic Module placemarks IDs
Hi Dima,
thanks for your quick reply.
I understood how to use placemaks, groups and categories in the proper way. Thanks to this, I found I can manage with just one map.

Anyway, I have one more question. I have loaded a kml file of a map with some layers I created on Gmap.
I noted that zoom parameter doesn't work with a kml layer. It is to say that the map shows with the same dimensions even if I set the zoom on 2 or on 16. Is there a way to make the zoom parameter have effects on the kml map?

Thanks
Mattia

• Dima
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11482 by Dima
Hi Mattia
As for zoom: zoom setting on map works correctly, but look at KML files settings.

As for KML files.
You can show it by 2 ways
1 - in map details there is a field "KML Layer"
For this case I just show this file, and don't pass any other parameters. In this case map zoom the same as you set it.

2 - you can create path, don't fill section for path (path type, and path details). Just go to "KML Layer" tab.
There are 2 addition parameters (compare to 1), it is:
-Layer Show Type - change zoom to show all KML file data (value = zoom), or leave the same zoom as defined in map details (value = unchange)
- and suppress infowin when you click on your KML layer

If you change zoom on map and there is no any changes - check case #2, I think you set change zoom to show all KML layer

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Met
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11483 by Met
Replied by Met on topic Module placemarks IDs
Hi Dima,
works fine. You're very prompt and helpful. I'll be reviewing yours as an excellent extension.
I was using another one but yours is much more better.

As soon as I finish my job on the site I'll be posting the example into your directory and make a donation as well

Thanks a lot

Mattia

• Dima
  • Away
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
6 years 3 weeks ago #11484 by Dima
Thanks Mattia and have a nice day ;)

Time to create page: 0.111 seconds

Donate

Go to top