Module placemarks IDs

• Met
  • Met's Avatar Topic Author
More
6 years 1 month ago #11487 by Met
Replied by Met on topic Module placemarks IDs
Hi Dima,
sorry for disturbing you again.

I thought that it would be better for my site to have two different maps (on two different modules: the second map excluding or showing placemark and group placemarks IDs) so I still have the problem I mentioned in my first question of this topic.

I was reading your reply to it and wondering how to follow the instructions you gave me to solve the issue. You know I'm not a webmaster, I'm just one who's learning doing it. You told me:

"on the other page you can display some other modules which initialized by default by onload call. In this case you can just change map initialization type to JQuery event".

In particular I didn't understand what do you mean for:

- display some other modules which initialized by default by onload call (I don't know which type of module, what does it mean "initialized by default" and what's an onload call)

and how can I change map initialization type to JQuery (I don't know what's a JQuery too)

Thanks for your patience

Mattia

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #11488 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Module placemarks IDs
OK. Don't hesitate to ask me about "how to do".
Let's step by step.

Create one map. Create placemarks, connected to this map. Add attributes (groups, categories, etc) to placemarks. Show map by component (menu item), or by module (just select this map), or by plugin call my map ID.
You'll get you first map correctly.

Create the second map. Show it by module/component. If you want to use plugin - I can explain later. You'll get the second map without any map objects. One note - you can't display 2 modules on the same page. You can show more than one map on the same page only by plugin.
Lets come to module. If your second map is displayed, lets add your placemarks to it. In module options you can add IDs of placemarks, and/or IDs of groups, and/or IDs of categories... All options work by AND, ie if you enter categories IDs and groups IDs, you'll get placemarks belonging to both of it.

You should create only one placemark, you don't need to create the same (copy) placemark to the other map My extension has flexible way to display map objects.

As for JQuery, map initialization type and so on. By default, I use "standard" way to initialize (ie run) my extension - by onload function, ie when site page loaded - then extension will be run. And if you install some other extension, which uses the same way, it can override my call, and in this case my maps will now displayed - only empty space. Lets today skip working on that. Try to create two maps and call it by modules. And if you can't get the second map show - give me link to it and I'll check it.

In any case, if you will have troubles - you can give me temporary access (mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. ) to your admin panel, and describe where you want to show maps, and I can check and fix your problem and show what I did.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Met
More
6 years 1 month ago - 6 years 1 month ago #11489 by Met
Thanks Dima,
it's very kind of you

so, I created a second map called MAPPA MARCELLO then created a module named SUGGERIMENTI MARCELLO.
In the module parameters I have selected the second map ID and put placemark group ID 3 in Placemark Group List blank in order to show that group on the new map.

This is the link to the blank page it is displayed after the operation: www.ladolcevita.to.it/ldv/index.php/it/s...imenti-marcello-test

While this is the link to the page in which I put the first map: www.ladolcevita.to.it/ldv/index.php/it/s...nostri-consigli-test (still working on it)

By the moment I'm using another component to display maps I'm gonna dismiss once new maps with your component are ready. The nam e is GMapFP. Could it be this the component that overrides your call?

If you need acces to my admin panel I'll be sending you my credentials to your email adr
Last edit: 6 years 1 month ago by Met.

More
6 years 1 month ago #11490 by Dima
Very strange. The page is totally empty.
Give me access to check it. Just for one day.
And tell me how find this page in admin panel

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Met
More
6 years 1 month ago #11491 by Met
ok.

I'm sending credentials to your email right now

From Components dropdown menu find your component and the maps and placemark I created
In module manager search for "suggerimenti marcello"

Thanks
Mattia

More
6 years 1 month ago #11492 by Dima
Can you create menu test menu item, add any content and assign second module to it.

Time to create page: 0.110 seconds

Donate

Go to top