Not reflecting my parameters and even not showing at all

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11555 by Harlock
Hi there,

I'm just starting trying using ZhGoogleMap and am still very confused about how to use it.
I'm working locally at this point, so I can't send you any URL, sorry.

I got a Google Map API key and entered it in your component parameters window.
I created a module position in the layout of my page/template, created a new module based on yours, then assigned this module to the position.

My problem is (at least) double :

The map doesn't show on the front side. If the width is set to more than "800" I can only see a yellow background. And I want the size to be 0 (ie. 100% fullwidth).

When the map width is set to 800 or less, the map shows, but doesn't reflect any of my settings : not scrollable, not scalable, no nothing, it just looks like a basic image.

Right now I just made a test : if I minimize my browser window (ie. less than 800) AND reload the page then this "image" appears again. Then if I maximize my browser window again, this "image" won't get wider than 800px.

Could all this come from the fact I'm working locally ? (using MAMP on a Mac).

Thank you for your help, I feel a little lost here…

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #11556 by Dima
Hi.
I think you have troubles with your template CSS. Check map div, and you'll see that CSS applied 800px, for example from one of CSS template file.

As for module - in my extension it is exists. You can create map, and create module with my type and assign map to it.
As for size - you can set width to 0, ie 100% width, and publish map as menu item, module or plugin call in article (Custom HTML module etc). It will take size.

As for local development - you can save page and mail me zip file - I can open it and look at it (because it saves page and all styles)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11557 by Harlock
Thank you for your answer.

I just had a look on CSS but can't find anything mentioning 800px width.
I'm mostly using % and the div containing the map is fullwidth.

Here is an archive of the webpage. Don't know if you can do anything with this ???

(I just received an update alert for your extension ! But the update didn't change my problem).
Attachments:

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11558 by Harlock
I installed the site on a server, just in case, but the issue is still the same.

Here is something that I found and that could maybe help you to help me… (file attached).

So it's really a simple (small) image showing up instead of a classic Google Map.
I have no clue about what's going on…
Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #11559 by Dima
As you can see, div has size, which change img size

It is your template CSS

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Attachments:

More
5 years 11 months ago #11560 by Dima
But my div size for map is correct (look at div with ID = GMapsID

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Go to top