Not reflecting my parameters and even not showing at all

More
6 years 6 days ago #11561 by Dima
But I didn't understand about StaticMapService img. I didn't use it. I use standard Google Maps JS API

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #11562 by Harlock
Well, yes, one div and the image within both have sizes. But as you can see, those sizes are inner CSS (within the HTML code) and not external CSS. So I don't think it comes from my template CSS or my own CSS. Those sizes are integrated with this element itself.

But I think you noticed the real thing : what is called is StaticMapService instead of GoogleMaps. I really have no clue about what is happening here.

I thought I maybe made a mistake yesterday, so I requested another API key, paying more attention to the kind of key I selected. But the result is still the same.

I spent a few more hours on this but it's still calling StaticMapService. So I guess you never saw anything like this ???

More
6 years 6 days ago #11563 by Dima
In your zip I can see in body correct map code, but I can't see map due to Google Map API doesn't loaded, and it caused error.

So. Check and install last version from JED. You can install over (without uninstall, in this case you won't loose your data).
Clear browser cache and joomla cache. If your server uses code optimizers or cloud feature - refresh data in its panels.

Then check again.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #11564 by Harlock
OK, thanks.
Well, I just did this, including clearing all caches, with high hopes, but nothing changes :(

Am I supposed to install the whole zip package I downloaded, or each of the 4 zips inside at a time ?
(actually I tried both methods with the same result).

This is weird because what I download from JED is version 8.4.2.0. And the Joomla updater offers me to download the 8.4.3.0 of some elements, but not in a consistent way. Sometimes it shows up, sometimes it doesn't. Which one is the real latest version ?

More
6 years 6 days ago #11565 by Dima
There are little changes, which is not published in JED. It doesn't matter.
Last (8.4.3.0) are appeared by Extension Manager by clicking Refresh.

And lets start from this - create menu item map, select map and publish menu. Check whether or not map correct works.
If yes, then try to use on your page the other template, probably it caused some errors.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 6 days ago #11566 by Harlock
Many thanks !
I did that and selected some Joomla default template for this menu item and it worked !

As soon as I select an outline from the template I'm using for this site, I get this blank image instead of the Google Map.
So my problem is not solved but we have a clue, thank you again.

I wonder if all this mess can come from a z-index problem, because my template uses many z-index parameters.
Well, that's just an idea crossing my mind.

I'm using Gantry + some RocketTheme template. Are you familiar with this ?

Do you have an idea of another test I should make ?

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Donate

Go to top