Button to open Navigation on mobile phone/tablets

More
6 years 9 months ago - 6 years 9 months ago #11207 by Dima
If you open google maps
www.google.ru/maps/

And click on any place, you'll get coordinates.

Look, I clicked, and in infowindow I have coordinates

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Attachments:
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Dima.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• hagen_fenris
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 9 months ago #11221 by hagen_fenris
Replied by hagen_fenris on topic Button to open Navigation on mobile phone/tablets
Hi,
is there a way i can add you geotag inside a link.
I would like to add a href inside the placemarks-infowin and on other places on my website.
Would be great if there would be a plugin-call that adds a href using the lat/long from a specific placemark.

Regards
matthias

• hagen_fenris
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #11262 by hagen_fenris
Replied by hagen_fenris on topic Button to open Navigation on mobile phone/tablets
Hello,
i have to reopen this topic.

I´ve tried some different ways to insert a navigation-to-button which uses googlemaps for navigation.
The best solution i`ve found is to add a link (like i`ve descriped on the first page of this topic) inside the placemarks additional html-field.

But i think there could be a better and easier way.

On the map-details in "Map Control" there`s a option to enable "map-find-control (geocoding)".
It this option is configured inside the placemarks-infowin there are 2 buttons to set the placemark as start or end-point for navigation.
(If its disbaled, the 2 buttons + the find-field are not displayed.)

The route for navigation can be displayed as text-navigation under the map or somewhere else...
Thats not the way people would like to navigate to a placemark...especialy if they use a mobile phone.

Maybe you could simply add another options which allows to activate the navigation using google-maps.
Attachments:

More
6 years 8 months ago #11263 by Dima
Hi.
Sorry, I didn't understand you.
You can enable Find button + Autocomplete feature to find your position.
You can also enable geolocation button to find your position (but doesn't work in google chrome yet).
And in infowin for each placemark you will have start/end point buttons to set this placemark as start or end travel point.
When you press "Get route" button - you'll get route on map and can see it's description below the map.

What do you want to have? Go to google maps site and pass placemarks coordinates to it?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• hagen_fenris
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 8 months ago #11264 by hagen_fenris
Hi,
i would like to have y link like this:
<a href="http://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=Current%20Location&daddr=50,20">Navigate from Current Position to LAT,LNG</a>
which is autogenerated using the lat/lng-information from placemarks.

The start/end-point buttons are only usefull if the visitor wants to see a detailed description to the placemark...
If you visit the website using a mobile phone, these informationen is useless...
The visitor wants to be navigated to that placemark using his mobile phone.

I could create the link inside infowin using htmldescription
but for over 500 placemarks i would spent hours...

So it would be nice if the link could be autogenerated...maybe using a icon which the user can change by himself at the backend?

More
6 years 8 months ago #11265 by Dima
I think I can do it. Give me a few days. I will think how it can be done more flexible (create link in infowin text body, or create image button in infowin toolbar (where start/end points button))

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds

Donate

Go to top