Elevation from GPX

• lifeintravel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13224 by lifeintravel
Elevation from GPX was created by lifeintravel
Hi Dima,
we already talked about this some time ago and I think this is the most suitable place to insert this conversation, among the suggestions / requests
I love zhosm map and I am comfortable with the component and in order to improve it I would like, as I already told you, to have a function with which you can view the altitude of the GPX path inserted between the maps.
Looking a little bit, since I see that you are using leaflets, I found these two plugins: Leaflet.Elevation (github.com/MrMufflon/Leaflet.Elevation) and Leaflet.Heightgraph (github.com/GIScience/Leaflet.Heightgraph) that could help to realize an interactive altimetry ... it would be a fantastic function for me to implement! Unfortunately I have no technical skills to integrate the code and I don't know if it is an easy or complex thing, so I was wondering if you are planning to release this function on zhosmmap in the future which I found excellent I know zhgooglemap?!?
Thank you and have a good day,
Leonardo

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #13226 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Elevation from GPX
Thanks Leonardo for good words.

I'll check those plugins.

I started analyze D3 JavaScript library (d3js.org/). It is so powerful, but I only trying to understand how I can use it in my extension.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 1 month ago #13231 by Dima
It is funny. They use d3 too.
I think I can try to use first plugin.
But it is not flexible, you can show diagram only over map.
I will do integration with first plugin, and after that will think of creation mine :)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• lifeintravel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13232 by lifeintravel
Replied by lifeintravel on topic Elevation from GPX
Ahah... See, at the end we were looking on the same way :P
Sounds great... I'm looking forward to see your plugin on action!!!
;) ;)

More
4 years 1 month ago #13239 by Dima

• lifeintravel
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13243 by lifeintravel
Replied by lifeintravel on topic Elevation from GPX
I just tried the new feature and i have to say that is great!!!
It is exactly what i was looking for.

Great job,
thanks a lot!

I have a question: since I have about 500 routes to edit, do you think there is a way to be able to do a batch operation and assign the altimetry to all the paths with the same specifications for everyone without having to change the tracks individually?

If there is no way to do it colletively, i will be happy to do it manually because this is a key feature for our maps!:silly:

PS: i wanted to place a review inside the JED but noticed that your extension (only zhosmmap) is under investigation.... sad! :(

Time to create page: 0.105 seconds

Donate

Go to top