Showing markers in map

• eciudad
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #13591 by eciudad
Showing markers in map was created by eciudad
Hi Dima,

I have downloaded the extension for Joomla and expend all weekend reading the instructions. I have a group a markers that I would like to show in the map from a SQL select.

At first, I was getting the map just with my location, now the map is not loading at all, just shows and spinning wheel. I have loaded the place markers with visualization, following your examples, but I do not anything. What is that I am doing wrong? Thank you

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 10 months ago #13592 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Showing markers in map
Hi.
Spinning wheel show you have errors. Check your browser console.
You can also give me direct link to try to analyse it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• eciudad
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #13596 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Showing markers in map
Thank you Dima for your fast response. I think I found my issue. On Field Map Bound on the map instructions says to enter "Latitude1,Longitude1,Latitude2,Longitude2, I did. Once I cleared the field the map showed.

I am using the SQL script function to load coordinates, Is there a way to show a description for each one of the locations if I use the SQL function? I would like to load them dynamically rather then using the CSV file load since each user would have different markers coordinates when they login. I was able to load them by user but I have no way of loading description for coordinate.

More
3 years 10 months ago #13598 by Dima
Hi.
You did mistake, two pairs of coordinates separated by semicolon, ie
lat1,lng1;lat2,lng2
It is for map bounds.

As for markers, check visualization feature, I think that is you need
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_OpenStreetMap_Visualization

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• eciudad
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 10 months ago #13604 by eciudad
Replied by eciudad on topic Showing markers in map
Hi Dima,

I checked the virtualization and it cannot be used dynamically, the SQL does work as the users login, since the query would select the latitude and longitude from my database. I just need to pass one or two more fields on the select to identify each of the coordinates as they click on the markers that are created by SQL select. Thank you

More
3 years 10 months ago #13606 by Dima
Probably in my description there is a little information.

As for your case.
When you use visualization, for placemarks. You define source, and use it in placemark.

As you can know, for placemark you can apply ACL (access) or by login to get your placemarks.

In this case - create visualization for special user group, assign it to your placemark. Set for your placemark access. Enable ACL filter to your map.

It can be done ;)

Time to create page: 0.232 seconds

Donate

Go to top