Update problem

More
4 years 4 months ago #12831 by hayv1
Update problem was created by hayv1
Hello,
I use Joomla 3.9.13 for my website. And I use the ZhOpenStreetmap-module for already at least one year I think. Great module. My Joomla-backend says there are updates available for this ZhOpenstreetMap. It seems to install the updates correctly, except for 'ZhOpenStreetMap' and 'ZhOpenStreetMap Package'.
For ZhOpenStreetMap I'm still on version 5.0.0.0, while 5.0.4.0 is available (but won't update)
for ZhOpenstreetMap package, I'm still on version 3.3.1.0, while 5.0.0.0 is available (but won't update)

When try to update these, I'll get the error message 'Duplicate column name 'tag_show'. Database fault 1060, using:
ALTER TABLE `#__zhosmmaps_markers` ADD `tag_show` tinyint(1) NOT NULL default '0';
See attachment with screenshot.

What's wrong and how to fix this?
Thanks a lot!
Hayvie
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 4 months ago - 4 years 4 months ago #12832 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Update problem
Hi, thanks.
In case of my extension I suggest use last versions of all, because I'm fixing bugs, add features and so on. Every each update will not break current map behaviour (in 99.5% ;), 0.5% - for CSS styles).
And each of part of my extension is connected between. Module use component code and helpers. The same for plugin. Overview map module and overview map plugin connected between and passes data to component.

Your error can appear in case you backup site by some extension and restore it to previous version (but database is not restored to previous state,I think, because it is not easy process).

To fix this problem you should do some manual action
1 - DO NOT uninstall extension!
2 - download last version of component
here link
zhuk.cc/files/com_zhosmmap-j30-5.0.4.0-final.zip
3 - unzip this archive
4 - go to folder com_zhosmmap\admin\sql\updates\mysql
5 - find file, where your column is created
In your case file 3.1.4.0.sql
6 - open this file in editor, remove line where column is added
7 - save file
8 - zip extension folder (com_zhosmmap)
9 - use just upload file as installation
Extensions -> Manage -> Install
On Upload Package File tab press button to select your zip and upload it
10 - In case of the other error about column creation go to #5

After successful installation just in Extensions -> Manage -> Update find extension package and press Update
The same for plugins and modules (if exists new version)

In this case all extension will be correct

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 4 years 4 months ago by Dima.

More
4 years 4 months ago #12833 by hayv1
Replied by hayv1 on topic Update problem
Hi,
Thanks for your quick reply. It worked! I had to delete both lines in the mentioned file, then the installation process worked without any error message. You're fantastic, thanks a lot!

More
4 years 4 months ago #12834 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Update problem
You are welcome ;)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Time to create page: 0.162 seconds

Donate

Go to top