doubt on ID's, problem with module that doesn't show markers with SQL, other...

• gix
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13045 by gix
I think about it, write a better detailed analysis and reply
tonight or tomorrow for sure.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gix
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13046 by gix
ok, take a chair :) ;)

my tables

table devices
fields:
esn (an unique alphanumeric serial number)
devicetype (it says what kind of message can send and is a group)
1: FLEET (send only position)
2: GENERIC (send only position)
3: TRACKER (send ASSISTANCE or EMERGENCY or POSITION messages...)
IDSHIP (is the ship associated with device that have data in other table and can be parsed through SQL and in some case should populate marker popup description)

table ship
IDSHIP
shipname
captain
telephone
email
...etc

table name log (contain GPS messages sent from devices)
fields:
esn (IS A GROUP, it could show position history of a device with lines or markers...or both!)
lat
long
msgTimestamp (datetime of message)
MSGtype (POSITION, ALARM, EMERGENCY, FLEET, OTHER...IS A GROUP)
MANAGED (0/1)

function
FLEET: filter log table and show on map only FLEET message type in this way
- All FLEET device LAST POSITIONS: click on menu that call a module that show a map with all the markers of last position of FLEET type DEVICES (only markers)
- LAST n POSITIONS of a specific FLEET device (n is variable but 10 could be enough or choosen through SQL) a module call that show last n position on map with lines, like already implemented but with sercheable esn of FLEET type.
- LAST n POSITIONS of ALL device (group of goups) is not indispensable but here we are and i ask :blush:

EMERGENCY, ASSISTANCE:
Map of ASSISTANCE/EMERGENCY type of message (parsed through SQL) and show markers with complex popup text (button, link etc composed through SQL i think is enough)

SQL
---
should group device by esn or a GROUPFIELD field choosen in configuration...for general purpos use of the plugin i think is bettere if name of field in SQL is choose from user.
should group coordinates by type of alarm or a defined field GROUPFIELD
and should permit to choose the rappresentation
- 1 row for all record (line, circle polygon and obviously not use the field GROUPFIELD)
- 1 row for each record (line, circle polygon) a series of paths (grouped by GROUPFIELD configured)
- only markers (SQL say wich are)
should have a TOPn parameter that say how MAX record should be taken...a parameter from outside is the best(!) so users can choose number of LAST positions from a field on a form and pass to visualization SQL.

Marker popup
text inside popup should be taken from a record field (or a field generated through SQL "CONCAT")
name should be configurable through inteface (same as latitude, longitude etc. are doing now)
should allow html or code

example:
FLEET
esn lat long MSGtimestamp MSGtype MANAGED
esn1, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4364657987622, FLEET, 1
esn2, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4454656587611, FLEET, 1
esn3, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4764644447655, FLEET, 1
esn1, 40.0000, 11.0000, 4564657987634, FLEET, 1
esn2, 40.0000, 11.5000, 4564657987634, FLEET, 1

(fleet are ever managed, only alarm need managing flag)

on map i want see:
markers with last positions
last n positions devices (in this example only esn1 and esn2 have more than 1 position)

ALARM
esn lat long MSGtimestamp MSGtype MANAGED
esn1, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4364657987622, POSITION, 1
esn2, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4454656587611, ASSISTANCe, 1
esn3, 41.0000, 12.0000, 4764644447655, EMERGENCY, 1
esn1, 40.0000, 11.0000, 4564657987634, POSITION, 1
esn2, 40.0000, 11.5000, 4564657987634, ASSISTANCE, 0

i want see
alarm that are in MANAGED state=0 (esn2 in this case) and show it on map
the same SQL that extract UNMANAGED could compose HTML with a button to write MANAGED in database and call other maps for assistance point for example, but i think the limit are only imposed from fantasy implementing the right HTML in SQL.

For ALARMS: a timer (settable and resettable by user) every n second read database and show UNMANAGED ALARM marker on map..with sound...but i think this part is not the purpose of this plugin.

More
4 years 1 month ago #13047 by Dima
Hi.
I think you can do that task by yourself without my extension, because it is not too hard. Just you need it is write SQL query and a little knowledge of PHP.

On the other hand some tasks you can do with my extension.
- today you can draw lines
- I can add ability to get data and create placemarks

As for refresh by timer - in my case it will need to rewrite code in case of getting and displaying data, because now I get it in initialization map stage.
And ajax creating placemarks and paths is not implemented yet.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• gix
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #13048 by gix
ok, take data and create placemarks, for now, i think is good for FLEET and useful for alarms

for EMERGENCY and ASSISTANCE or generic ALARMS:
i think i can use an external javascript (in a popup called via MENU i suppose) with clock that every n seconds launch a query and if it found EMERGENCY or ASSITANCE not MANAGED in DB, call a dedicated map that have SQL that show all markers not managed with popup to manage them (in description a button with SQL that put 1 on MANAGED flag in DB)

Function to show markers from SQL data doesn't cover all of my needings but save me a lor of work and i think is correct to "buy" the extension.
let me know if you implement.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by gix.

More
4 years 1 month ago #13049 by Dima
It is free extension.
I add features when I have time, when someone ask me. And I do it in "common" case, ie for different use features.

Of course, if you like my extension you can support my developments by donation ;)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• gix
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #13050 by gix
i know it's free, my "buy" is between quotes
and i support everytime if i use them cause i like the philosophy.

as i can see is a good work and your free support is better than other expensive plugin, if i'll use i support for sure.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Donate

Go to top