Spinning circle for any map displayed

• bcollie
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #14122 by bcollie
Spinning circle for any map displayed was created by bcollie
Hi Dmitry
Your excellent ZH OpenStreetMap has been working perfectly for a couple of years now at dreamwoodinternational.com
A few months ago however, I realised the maps were displaying the 'spinning wheel' instead of the markers on any map within my website.
All updates have been applied and the only 'significant' change I recall making in the past 6 months or so was removing the Jomres Booking system - I am wondering if I was relying on it to provide a JQuery function or similar - but I am really clutching at straws with this theory.
If you could shed any light on the problem I would be most grateful - using your maps was the highlight of my website rebuild I did in January 2018.
My browser (Opera) shows the attached error (Capture.jpg).
If I use say Chrome as the browser, the spinning wheel also appears.
Using Firefox has the same problem - see attached FF error details (Capture-FF.jpg)
Please let me know if you need any more info or back-end access.
Regards,
Peter.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• bcollie
  • Topic Author
More
3 years 3 months ago #14123 by bcollie
Replied by bcollie on topic Spinning circle for any map displayed
Hello again Dmitry
Just after posting my problem, I happened to find this post: "The maps are no longer displayed on the pages was created by StefanoP"

I immediately tried changing the 'Map Initialization Type' to 'JQuery Ready Event' and presto, my problem is gone.

So I was on the right track thinking about a JQuery issue - but I would probably never have guessed to look in the Options area - after all, I had not changed anything (that I can remember).

Anyhow, sorry to trouble you and best wishes for a safe and healthy 2021.
Regards,
Peter

More
3 years 3 months ago #14124 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Spinning circle for any map displayed
Hi Peter.
You are right, in some cases JQuery Ready Event is more preferable type, and in next big release I'll change it to this value. But in most cases initialization type with problems only cause empty map area, ie there is no any map. But spinning circle shows that there is some errors in map code, in this case you need to analyse browser console for errors.

In any way, if it helps you, then all OK

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Time to create page: 0.121 seconds

Donate

Go to top