Cannot hide path

• gringo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #1426 by gringo
Cannot hide path was created by gringo
Hi all!

First of all thanks for the excellent component! I have been working with Joomla for a couple of years (including a lot of PHP development), and I am sure of this is one of the best free components for Joomla.

I encountered a strange poblem during testing. I made a path (polygon) in the backend and assigned it to a placemark group. My problem is that I cannot hide this path from the map using placemark group selector. By default the group is turned off, but the polygon appears on the map. When I click the group selector button - nothing happens, the path is still there. Is there any other option to select, or this is just a bug?

I would really appreciate your help, thanks in advance! (Screen captures attached)
Attila - Hungary

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• gringo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #1427 by gringo
Replied by gringo on topic Cannot hide path
Sorry, screen images were too large. I am trying to attach compressed pics.

Attachments:

More
11 years 1 month ago #1428 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Cannot hide path
Hi Attila
It is easy to explain - you can manage only placemarks and/or KML layers.
As you can see in your map details - you select KML layers.

As you can see in my demo too, there is 2 ability
- manage placemarks by Group List
- manage KML layers by Group List
- you can do it both together too

I didn't do managing for paths objects (polygons, circles...), because I thought that is not very common case, and you can create your objects in KML. And I did KML managing.
It means I show the other path objects in any case (if it published).

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• gringo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #1429 by gringo
Hi Dima,
Thanks for the super-fast response!

So I have to upload separate KML files for all polygons, and assign them to the paths in the backend? Then set the group for the path, and group selector will work?

Simple placemarks can be defined in the backend to another group, and the group can be displayed on the same map as the KML poligons?

Am I right?

More
11 years 1 month ago - 11 years 1 month ago #1430 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Cannot hide path
Here is KML demo
joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-dem...re-managebygroup-kml

I fill group list depend on what you enable - placemark managing, kml managing or both.

Yes, you upload your kml files. Create paths with your kml files, and assing to it groups.
After that enable group managing, enable kml layer managing and that's all.

Your group can be assigned as to placemarks as to paths. If you assign it to placemarks and to paths, and enable both managing - clicking on group can show/hide placemarks and paths at one click

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 11 years 1 month ago by Dima.

• gringo
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #1437 by gringo
Many thanks, it worked!

It's a little bit tricky that I can define paths in the backend, but it doesn't work like placemarks.

But there is a huge advantage of using KML layers: I can define several placemarks and polygons in one KML assigned to one single path. So I can use my old KML files without change.

I found out one more thing about KMLs, which can be useful for everyone:
Google caches KML files on its own server, so that when I update a KML on my FTP, I can't see the result immediately. But if I include a random parameter after the KML layer file name (for example ...\xyz.kml?20130321_01), cache does not work. When I update the KML file, simply increase the number at the end of the parameter, and results are displayed after a refresh.

Thank again for the excellent support! I will transfer my donate ASAP!

Time to create page: 0.056 seconds

Donate

Go to top