Zh GoogleMap with sh404sef

• spacialek
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #160 by spacialek
Zh GoogleMap with sh404sef was created by spacialek
Hi,

I would like to know witch settings use to stop getting a 404 error page when I'm choosing the English map menu item (french is the language by default and works well)?

The better way I found was to set sh404sef this way:
sh404sef > Configuration > By component > 1st column = Use Joomla! Rooter (other columns left default values)

Otherwise (when using other sh404sef settings), when switching to English, only the component was translating, but the interface wasn't changing language anymore..

Let me know if you need the access codes :)

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #161 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Re: Zh GoogleMap with sh404sef
Hi spacialek

If you create multilingual site, you should to define menu items for each language.
Ie you define your languages, enable language switch plugin, create menus for each language and etc.
You can read about multilang in others places.

I'm creating my site and it works in two langs. It is now empty but works :), I want to create my photo site (photo.zhuk.cc/). You can see switcher in top right corner.
And if you want I can create a few screens how I done this. But I don't use sh404sef, because I'll read about it a little bit later and try to use it too ;)

As for translation in this case: you can create map for each language, set on Map Details field Language to your associated.
For example:
1-st: en-GB
2-nd: fr-FR

And you'll get translation.
But, unfortunately, my controls (Find button, Get Route, Placemark List...) is not translated to French.

If you want, I can explain how to do that. If you can translate about 60 sentences (I mean only frond end (site), not admin text), I can include this translation into component and plugin.

Now I'm packing Danish (Denmark) translation and waiting for Italian. You are welcome.

If you don't want to create different maps for each language, I can add into plugin language parameter to override defined map property, and you'll can call one map by the different langs. But, of course, the text in infowin (placemarks) can be only in one language. If you want in different - you have to create different maps with different placemarks.

PS For translation mail me This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it. for direct easy contact and quick response

Cheers, Dmitry

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Dima.

• spacialek
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 weeks ago #162 by spacialek
Replied by spacialek on topic Re: Zh GoogleMap with sh404sef
ok thanks for your answer, when will you try testing it with sh404sef? Cause my multilingual site is configured correctly and every other extensions works great with sh404sef enabled but zh googleMap doesn't, even when specifying into sh404sef to bypass and use the Joomla router instead. I have 2 maps (one for each language) and I link them with the corresponding menu.

More
12 years 2 weeks ago - 12 years 2 weeks ago #163 by Dima
Hi.

Lets do test before, I think it doesn't caused by my extension.

1 - Go to admin panel
2 - Menu Site -> Maintenance -> Clear Cache.
Clear site cache
3 - Menu Site -> Maintenance -> Purge Expired Cache.
Purge Expired Cache by pressing button Purge Expired
4 - Clear your browser cache

Check is it works now.
If no:

5 - Create simple article ("Hello world") and change menu call from Map to Simple Article and assign it.
Check if an article displaying by this menu
6 - If article is displayed, include map plugin call for your map.
Check if map is displayed in your article
7 - if yes, try again assign menu to component call.
Check if map is displayed by menu

If problem is still will be, I try to check what wrong.

Thanks in advanced.
Dmitry

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 12 years 2 weeks ago by Dima.

• spacialek
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 week ago #203 by spacialek
Replied by spacialek on topic Re: Zh GoogleMap with sh404sef
Hi Dmitri,

I've already done the cache related tasks, but didn't solve the problem. Creating a simple content page works well, but calling the map with the plugin doesn't work, that's what I did at the beginning, but since the map was not displaying at all, I used the direct link to the component instead.

I managed to make it work though since my last post, with the component method, but it was complicated because I had to do a lot of tweaking in sh404sef. Given the scale that takes the SEO and the fact that sh404sef is a component widely used by users of joomla, I think it would be worthwhile to make Zh GoogleMap works well with sh404sef.

I received your email concerning the French translation in response for my auto-reply "Out of office" message ;), I'll check it out as soon as I have some free time.

Thanks!

More
12 years 1 week ago #204 by Dima
Hi.
Can you create temporary page on site s give me link to it. I want to see source code, which doesn't work.

Time to create page: 0.191 seconds

Donate

Go to top