How to change map.google.com to ditu.google.com

More
10 years 8 months ago #3170 by flygo
Good Work for Zh GoogleMap, amazing compnent!

For I'm a Chinese, I want to use ditu.google.com instead of the default maps.google.com. Where and How to change this?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3171 by Dima
Hi, thanks

I didn't read a lot of difference between this (ditu and maps) - as I understand right - the main difference - different tiles (borders) and local search.
And if you can check, for example, save page, and change API loading call to ditu.google.map, and if all will work - I can add ability to control what API (ditu or native google's) load.

By the way, as for Chinese maps - I have Baidu Map API extension

extensions.joomla.org/extensions/maps-a-...locations/maps/23946

But I don't know how many people used it. There is no any requests for improving, and therefore I didn't much develop it

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
10 years 8 months ago #3180 by flygo
Hi Dima, thx for reply.
The main difference is so called "disputed territory", such as "Taiwan" in map.google.com, but "Chinese Taipei" for Mainland China's googlemap special version "ditu.google.com".
And I have no idea how to "change API loading call to ditu.google.map", so is there any other solution for me?
Zh BaiduMap is another GOOOOOD work, but only for joomla 3, not compatible for 2.5. SO I can't test this for my use, what a pity

More
10 years 8 months ago #3183 by Dima
OK
Tomorrow I'll check to change API loading, and post there my results.

As for Zh Baidu - I think not downgrade it, because J2.5 will be stopped in development circle.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
10 years 8 months ago - 10 years 8 months ago #3185 by Dima
I've checked.

I can get two different maps

For getting the second (with lines and without "Taiwan" island title you need to load different map API - from ditu.google.cn , not from ditu.google.com. I mean JavaScript API, not simple site name.

And, it means - I can try to add options to change API url to load. I'll add it into component options. But you need to wait 2-3 days - I'm very busy.

Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 8 months ago by Dima.

More
10 years 8 months ago #3196 by Dima
Hi

I did alfa

zhuk.cc/files/com_zhgooglemap-j25-4.2.2.1-alfa.zip

Go to component options.
There is a new field "Google Maps API type"

Change to Google Ditu

And check, all will be OK.

But it is only component.

I did it for plugin and module, but I will publish on Monday (I want to do that), and will add the other feature.
And after that publish release.

Time to create page: 0.070 seconds

Donate

Go to top