• Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #10326 by Chabi01
Image overlay was created by Chabi01
Hi Dima :)
Here for a new question !

For now, i used GoogleEarth to draw my polygons an import then after in ZhGooglemap.
Why ?
Because on many maps, i need a flat image overlay and i draw after that the polygon helped by the image on the map.
It is very common for me as i have for example a draw on paper, scanned and import in maps to help me to draw the paths and polygon.
Now, i was wandering : as ZhGooglemap have a polygon tools, can i directly import my image in zhgooglemap to allow me to draw directly without using GoogleEarth ?

Maybe i'm doing this the wrong way and you have some tips for me :)

Thanks for your help Dima (and everybody who could have done this kind of work in another way ! Any help appreciated !!! :)

Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 11 months ago #10329 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Image overlay
Hi.
In tutorial I describe drawing tool
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_SimplePath

You can draw polygons there (just set object type from line to polygon)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 11 months ago #10342 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Image overlay
Hi Dima,
Sorry for the delay of my answer : i did not get any email to advert me that you gave me an answer (in fact, i was wandering why you "didn't" ;)
Ok, maybe i'm not clear in my question.
I know i can draw polygons and lines in ZHGooglemap.
My question is : i use image overlay (layer with an image setted 50% transparency) in GoogleEarth to help me to get some specific area limitations (example : in France, we have Region (Ain, Aisne, etc..) and i have to trace them as polygons. So to help me for this kind of work, i use image that i show as overlay just during the "tracing time" with polygons (i follow my overlay layer). After that, i remove my image as i don't need it anymore.
So, can i use "image overlay" as layer to help to work in the same way with ZHGooglemap ?
Thanks Dima :)
Xavier

More
7 years 10 months ago #10343 by Dima
Hi.
You can create your own map type, for example, from image. And use it in my extension as in admin panel, as in site

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #10344 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Image overlay
Hi,
Can you explain me further ? I check the doc but i didn't understand how to do this... (sorry....)
Xavier

More
7 years 10 months ago #10345 by Dima
When you have image file, you can create map tiles.
Use some free programs, on my forum I wrote a few times.
You use program to create map tiles.
As result - you have HTML file to check your tiles on different zoom, and folders for tiles.
You upload tiles to your server to any accessible place.
And get from your HTML file function to get tiles.
After that you go to map types, press New and doing like in my tutorial wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_CustomMapType

After that try to do simple map, allow custom map types for it, and enter map type ID of your new map type in special field in map details.
Check that all is OK, and you can see your map type and tiles. If something go wrong in this case I can check your page to help.

After that you can enable your map type for using in admin panel(option of component)

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Donate

Go to top