• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #11105 by Chabi01
Issue with mapicons ? was created by Chabi01
Hi Dima,
I found something strange in one installation : i try to make a marker but no way to show it.
After a search, i found the icon folder in asset was empty...
Ok, i copy from a previous install all the icons retrieved from mapicons site but unfortunatly, it does not work as the name is not the same...

What did i miss ?
Xavier

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 11 months ago #11106 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Issue with mapicons ?
Hi Xavier
In extension there are 2 icon folders.
The first - it is in administrator section, it contains all icons. And this folder I use in admin panel.
When you display map on site, I get icons depends on "Compatibility mode for resource files" component option. If you set No (default) - I use administrator folder, if you set it to Yes - I will use site folder. If you enable this options (for example, to escape access to administrator folder from frontend), you have to copy icons from administrator folder to site.

wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_Desc...ibilityModeRSFAnchor

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chabi01

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #11107 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Issue with mapicons ?
Thanks Dima..
Grrr... you told a long time ago about this... Sorry.
Now, if i want to add a new icon in the list, changing the names of icons (to help some "non english reader"à, or even completely change the full list, how to achieve this ?
Thanks again Dima :)
Xavier

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
6 years 11 months ago #11108 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Issue with mapicons ?
Some more questions..
I have added all the icons.
Now, check this page : www.lagnieu.fr/index.php?option=com_flex...Itemid=173&preview=1
It's a test : why my marker is not shown on the map ? Need to activate something more ??
Sorry.....
Xavier

More
6 years 11 months ago #11109 by Dima
It is easy. Add into administrator folder.
If you use compatibility mode - add into site folder too.

You can easy delete unused icons (all or part), but you have to know - every new release install - it upload icons into administrator folder again. For new releases - just save your current administrator icons folder to your custom folder, upgrade to last version, delete icons from administrator folder and restore your version of icons from your custom folder.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
6 years 11 months ago #11110 by Dima
You enable placemark management by group list.
Below the map I can see group with name "Commerces", which is not active by default.
If you click on it - you'll see placemark.

If you want to have it enabled by default - go to admin panel to group list. Select your group, open it's details and set "Active in group list"

Time to create page: 0.141 seconds

Donate

Go to top