Help with location depending on the item name

• michelmin
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4783 by michelmin
Hello and congratulations for this great program, first of all I apologize for my English. I have a small problem and do not know if this is the right place to tell:
I have a website where there are 1500 items each of a city street, I wonder if you can create a map that take the location by the name of the article and thus show a different location on each item. Was it possible? What other choice do I have? not want to have to edit the articles 1500, 1500 or having to create maps.
appreciate your help

Best regards from Spain valladolid

this is the case you need web

www.elegimos.es/valladolid/callejero/calles-de-valladolid.html

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 1 month ago #4786 by Dima
Hi.

Am I understand you:
- you have text address, may be stored in an article title or somewhere
- you want to have ability to get this stored value, geocode it (to get location), and show the map to this place
- you don't want to create 1500 placemarks

The answer
- if you have 1500 addresses, you can easy to create placemarks based on its address
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Zh_GoogleMap_LoadPlacemarks
in this example - you can save your address into text address field
- in this case you can easy get this placemarks in database, and change it as you wish
- you don't need to create this count of maps, only one placemark to one place
What you expect to get for this case, what properties of map do you want to control, because it is a lot of. I can create plugin ooptions to get text address as parameter and show simple map, but I think you want more than that
google restrict geocoding in one time, ie you can't get more than 10-12 placemarks (defined by text address in one time). Look at
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Zh_GoogleMa..._when_displaying_map
#4 you have different ways to process your street address to show something. But you really will create at least one article for one street :) (using my map, or not) :P

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• michelmin
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4789 by michelmin
Replied by michelmin on topic Help with location depending on the item name
Gracias por contestar tan rápido es usted muy amable.

I did not understand him very well, I've seen a website that every article has a map but just change the location and stree view depending on the item (in this case street) This page is based on a xajax that grabs the title of the article and makes it the search results on the map and in each article (street) leaves the position and the street view of that street. But I do not know how to do that. I think your component if you can do it, I also think that this ad uses your component. forgive me for my English I'm Spanish :)

I hope you can help me, thank you very much in advance

. pd - the web that to which I refer is: es.street-viewer.eu/valencia/street/

if you click on any road takes you to a map with the location of street

More
10 years 1 month ago #4791 by Dima
Hi.

On that site did that:

- getting address, geocoded, and create map based on geocoded coordinates
- this coordinates used for creating street view block (bottom left)
- and this coordinates used for panoramio widget

I can see text address in the page body, therefore I can only imagine: it can be created by some other php files (which parses and creates page on the fly). I think it is not grab title, because in that case all would be in javascript variables, not static text in page body.

If you want to use my extension, as I wrote above, you can prepare sql file and load all your streets as a placemarks. And after that think of what display that list and how work with it.
But before you should analyse:
- now you have street list, which is created by some extension.
- if my maps will be displayed in it
- can you enter some other information in detail pages

Ie you have some information, description and etc. You will want to display it, and display map. Therefore you will have at least one entity for your text. Therefore you can create placemark for it (it is 5 seconds), and call map by plugin by passing placemark id to show. In this case you will have street description with map, and personal page for it.
Pros - more flexible management of your data
Cons - need time to do for each street

But I think you will do that (each page), because you will want enter description for each street somewhere. And for bulk loading placemarks - it easy way to create placemarks for streets

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• michelmin
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 4 weeks ago #4794 by michelmin
Replied by michelmin on topic Help with location depending on the item name
Thank you very much again for the time you take to my questions.

I'll try to do what you tell me , since my mission in the page I'm doing is learning ,
now me several questions arise , I can create the database ( jos_zhgooglemaps_markers ) 1500 marks in no time , but not as giving latitude and longitude or make those with street name markings are placed at the exact point on the map each item.
I will begin creating the database through an xml file . as in this example :
<table name="jos_zhgooglemaps_markers">
<column name="id"> 1 < / column>
<column name="catid"> 0 < / column>
<column name="title"> STREET NAME < / column>
<column name="latitude"/>
<column name="longitude"/>
<column name="addresstext"/>
<column name="mapid"> 1 < / column>
<column name="openbaloon"> 0 < / column>
<column name="actionbyclick"> 1 < / column>
<column name="zoombyclick"> 100 < / column>
<column name="baloon"> 1 < / column>
<column name="icontype"> default # < / column>
<column name="description"/>
<column name="descriptionhtml"/>
<column name="descriptionfullhtml"/>
<column name="hoverhtml"/>
<column name="published"> 1 < / column>
etc ... <column name="hrefsite">

Again many thanks for your time , and I look forward Answering

Best regards from Spain valladolid

More
10 years 4 weeks ago #4796 by Dima
As you can see in example:
there are 3 field:
- latitude
- longitude
- addresstext

You have to enter the field "addresstext" = it is text address, and I support geocoding

Time to create page: 0.123 seconds

Donate

Go to top