marker centered and infowin open by command?

• jeffer
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #918 by jeffer
Hello

First of all i would like to say i love your plugin, module and component :)
Second, i am pretty new to this advance mapping....

I am working on a website for a customer and it is a big project getting all the company's in the map, so i want to do it correctly the first time.
Ive been reading thru your documentation all day and your tool is so extremely complete i am kind of confused how to set things up like i want to.
My brain just is not taking the info anyomore hahaha.

I would really like to ask some questions so i can go on with creating the map.
If all works okay i would really like to donate...but first things first.

I have a website with some pages with company information on them.
I would like to add a link under this info "open in map"
A lightbox map should open and focus on the company that is on the page people are looking at.

So show a marker centered and open infowin thru command while other markers are shown but with clodes infowins.

In a map i would like to show all markers from other company's but i want the map to focus on the selected company. The Infowin of this company should be open at this point....al others should be closed.
When on a different company page i would like to use the same lightbox link but with different info in the link to attach other company.
I have to do this for 140 pages / company's.

Is this at all possible and what would be the best way to do this?

Next to this above i want to show the same map on a different page, but then complete.
This time with menu on the left side that shows catagories. Some tips on this would also be appreciated.

I hope you can understand my questions, looking forward to your response.

Thanks,
Jeffrey
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by jeffer.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #919 by Dima
Hi Jeffrey.

Let's talk by question - answer.

The first my question - do you want to show maps in lightbox.

And my explanations:

You can create one map with a lot of placemarks. And you can call map show by different ways.
You can show map by plugin by definite placemark in company page, in this case you can get map center in placemark.

To show map with opened infowin you can - you create your placemark and in placemark properties set "Open IntoWin" to true.

You can set for each placemark your group and manage show/hide by this group list.
If you wish use categories and etc - you can also create simple list, and by each item open definite page with needed data

You can enable placemark list to quickly find your placemark.

All of this you can see in demo site.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
11 years 9 months ago #920 by Dima
Or you can create map for each company (and its branches).

There are a lot of ways to do your task.
Ask me more detail. :P :P

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• jeffer
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #922 by jeffer
Thanks for you awesomely quick reply :)

i know there so many ways to do this...that's the confusing part....but i want to do it well so im unsure how to do this like i want to use it.

I have 140 company's in different catagories and thus with different markers.

on page "company1" i want to place a lightbox link with info to center on company1 and open infowin.
What link can i create of map1 to view only company1 with infowin?
if i set infowin to true it shows all companys infowin while i only want to show the one from company1 :)

can i create a link with this info in the link?
map should open in lightbox if possible.
I am now using: {zhgooglemap-lightbox:1;titel;800;600;0}

i tryed showing a small 200x200px map of the company but a link to a complete map would be better (clickwise).
here: bit.ly/KG2Dgg

Somehow the info that infowin is killing the link?
bit.ly/LS18fV

cheers
jeffrey

More
11 years 9 months ago #923 by Dima
As for second link - remove email address from infowin, or copy-paste code after joomla's plugin into additional HTML text into placemark details.
I am now using: {zhgooglemap-lightbox:1;titel;800;600;0}

You mean 0 - it is 0.png image file in lightbox folder?

But today you can't center map in lightbox. In this case you see map as a component call, without loading template css-files. In this case you can use special field for loading extra css files (in map details)

More
11 years 9 months ago #924 by Dima
Or you can use contacts integration in placemark. In this case I change code and plugin for escaping email address not proceed this field.

Time to create page: 0.112 seconds

Donate

Go to top