I need help please

More
8 years 7 months ago #6953 by Purak
I need help please was created by Purak
So, first of all Hi :)

ok. I am a total beginner when it comes to creating a website. The thing is that I have never used Joomla in my life. I was planning to travel around the world on a bicycle and wanted to blog the trip on a website. A genius suggested that he would create my website for me using joomla. He set up the basic skeleton, mind you, not really how I wanted it, then disappeared and left me with a half finished website.

I have had to continue to "try" and develop the website further myself, learning everything from scratch!!! I have no idea what I am doing. One of the most important features of the website is a world map, showing where I have been and where I am now. I wanted to update this regularly, but I have not been able to do this as well as I would have liked.

So, I am now seven weeks into my journey, and desperately want to update my website but am really struggling. I am struggling the most with the Zh Google Map. I managed to plot the first 300km, but now it doesn't work any more. Can anyone please help me?

website is: www.earthontwowheels.com

I thank anyone in advance for their assistance

P

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6954 by hagen_fenris
Replied by hagen_fenris on topic I need help please
Hi,
coul you please provide a link to the map?

More
8 years 7 months ago #6955 by Purak
Replied by Purak on topic I need help please
I would love to post a link to the map. The map should be on the home screen, just below the search button, but it does not load any more. I do not know how to get it back up again!

More
8 years 7 months ago #6956 by hagen_fenris
Replied by hagen_fenris on topic I need help please
Hi,
you can try the Compatibility Mode or change the Map Initialization Type described here:
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Zh_GoogleMap_Description

What are the last things you changed on your website?
How do you load the map?

More
8 years 7 months ago - 8 years 7 months ago #6957 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic I need help please
Hi

What suggestion do you expect?
Do you want to show only one map, or you want to create 'blog articles'

What do you want to use. Simple map, or your GPS trackers to show your paths?

Best wishes,
Dmitry

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 8 years 7 months ago by Dima.

More
8 years 7 months ago #6958 by Purak
Replied by Purak on topic I need help please
Hi,
thank you both for your help. So, here is what I was intending on using the Zh Googlemap to achieve:

I am cycling a specific routh along my journey. Whenever I can, I want to update the website and have a map that I can upsate with the routes I have taken with my bike, so that people can always see where I have cycled and where I am now.

So what I did was start to enter into the map various loacations I had already covered. After some entried it said max checkpoints reached. so when I couldn't enter more, I tried to create a second map, to continue further. I have only entered 300km on the map and I've already done almost 3000km.

Time to create page: 0.107 seconds

Donate

Go to top