K2 Integration

• bonzomedia
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12108 by bonzomedia
K2 Integration was created by bonzomedia
Hi! Thank you for your work.

Can you describe how to get map markers from K2 extra fields? We have lat and long in our K2 items.

Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #12109 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic K2 Integration
Hi.
Today you can only display preconfigured map (ie objects, which created in component) by calling plugin with parameters.
I don't process K2 extra fields.
Do you want to have ability to import that data into my extension, ie create placemarks based on K2 extra fields and item content?
What do you expect?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Dima.

• bonzomedia
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12110 by bonzomedia
Replied by bonzomedia on topic K2 Integration
Dima,

Thanks for the reply. I saw this: zhuk.cc/2018/11/13/map-plugins-bugfix-fo...le-name-with-hypnen/

...which made me think that you had done some integration.

Never mind - I have written some database php to extract our lat long data from our K2 fields, and to populate your placemarker table with the lat/long stored in our extra fields. We are very happy with the speed and the spiderfying presentation!

What we are looking for is a mapping component which will work with K2 items AND a K2 search - we are using joomcar.net/products/joomla/k2-filter-and-search-module

We need your component to be called from Andrey's module so that:-

1. When a search is made using various K2 item criteria including extra fields that ZhOSM displays map markers for those K2 items that match the results displayed on the page, i.e. the current view.

2. That when a map marker is expanded, K2 item data such as: created date, introtext and extra field information is displayed in the popup.

3. That the popup will link to the full K2 item.

If you are interested in making some changes we understand that this is paid work. We would be happy to provide detailed wireframes and user journey illustrations.

This usage scenario used to be covered by StyleWare with their K2 Maps and K2 Filter products which integrated together really nicely, however they are out of business and no longer support their products. I think that there is a good market for developing a product that replaces theirs.

Please let me know if you are interested, feel free to email me on my profile email address.

Richard

• bonzomedia
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12120 by bonzomedia
Any interest in doing this integration Dima, we'd really like to work with you!

More
5 years 2 months ago #12121 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic K2 Integration
Hi. Sorry for delay. A lot of work. Was busy. Do you mean you need search filter, or just integrate with some k2 features. I didn't much know about internal code in k2. Am I should create my own search filter for k2 items and categories and integrate with my maps?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• bonzomedia
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12122 by bonzomedia
Dima,

There are two ways of achieving what we need:-

1. Integrate with Joomcar's joomcar.net/products/joomla/k2-filter-and-search-module . In this case you will need to get a trigger from their module and will then need to fetch the information to render only the placemarkers on your map.

OR

2. Write your own filter. This will need to be able to:-

a) Search by Date Range (we are using K2 Created Date)
b) Search by Category (this is not important for us now as all our items are in one category, but in future, yes this would be needed.
c) Search by any Extra Field. This could be one of many.
d) Your search capability would need to use HTML5 widgets like date selectors and range sliders, much like Joomcar's module.

Our layout would require the items meeting the search criteria in a blog layout to be displayed underneath the map.

The solution would need to work with Ajax...

Your placeholder structure would need to tie to the K2 ItemID so that we can set individual placemarker characteristics per K2 Item.

Lots to discuss - happy to take this offline if you need more information about what we are building, please feel free to email me.

Richard

Time to create page: 0.102 seconds

Donate

Go to top