Clarification of the Using KML Layer Text in the Wiki

More
4 years 1 month ago #13251 by cmb
I am using the Zh GoogleMap extension on a Joomla version 3.9.15 Website to build a map. I suggest some modifications to the Using KML Layer text in the Wiki.

A. The current first line is:

If you have KML-file, you can put into accessible folder on site and fill URL in map field KML Layer.

I have successfully used an absolute reference to load my KML file. (www.mysite.com/images/mykmlfile.kml) I have not been successful with a relative URL. (/images/mykmlfile.kml) Can Zh GoogleMap use a relative URL?

B. The next line is:

If you want to use more than one file, you can use "featute", that path field of Paths is not required

Did you mean feature when you wrote featute?

C. In place of go to Paths tab, I suggest Go to Administrator > Components > Zh GoogleMap > Paths.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #13252 by Dima
Hi.
As for A:
Google Elevation API doesn't process relative URL, therefore you need to enter full path. I think I wrote about that. If not - I'll check my docs and fix it.

As for B:
for KML files yor can have 2 options
- if you have only 1 file, and you want to show it by defaults - just enter its URL in map details
- if you want to show more than one file, or configure options, you need to create one path for each file. In paths field path is not required, then you just enter data only in KML layer tab with your parameters

As for C - probably previous answer get you information

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 1 month ago #13253 by Dima
I can process KML and GPX files (I did it in my other extension Zh OpenStreetMap). And I can process relative path to file.

And I can draw this data.

Moreover can create elevation for it (but if I process file manual I don't know if I can create diagram in google extension)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
4 years 1 month ago #13255 by cmb
My real question in part B was about the use of the word featute. You probably meant feature.

More
4 years 1 month ago #13256 by Dima
Sorry, it is my spelling mistake. Fixed!

Time to create page: 0.081 seconds

Donate

Go to top