Possibility to select directions for a route?

• ynnadje
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 1 month ago #4822 by ynnadje
Hi,

I want to create a map for about 60 placemarks on 2 heritage walks.

I creates a map wih 2 placemark groups (Oosteroever and Westeroever)
When finished we will have about 40 placemarks in each placemark group.

I created 2 routes one for a herritage walk on the eastbank of the harbour and a another one for a walk on the westbank (city center).

Is it possible to have the following route directions? (below the map)
  • Directions for Only "wandeling Westeroever" or westbank walk
  • Directions for Only "wandeling Oosteroever" or eastbank walk
  • Directions for both walks with directions to the ferry connecting east- and westbank

• Is there somekind of button wich can be placed on that map?

site: www.blauwlint.be

Thank you for your apriciated help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
    10 years 1 month ago #4825 by Dima
    Sorry, I'm not clear understand you.

You want to manage routes with placemarks? It can't.
    I don't create this feature, explanations:
    - each route has start and end points. And I display it. And can display route description.
    -But when you publish more that one route - I hide description, because you can't associate text with map with route lines.
    - therefore I don't create support route description for more than one route.

I don't create route and path management by group list because it is a little complicated, but I added ability to manage KML files, in which you can save any your data.

As for different routes and markers - may be will more flexible to have different maps with each it own objects and features.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• ynnadje
    • Topic Author
    More
    10 years 1 month ago #4834 by ynnadje
    Replied by ynnadje on topic Possibility to select directions for a route?
    Hi, thanks for the anser.

I created just one route on a map. (The goal is to create a walk allong about 60 heritage spots).
    But now I get the error and I only entered about 12 placemarks:

"max_waypoints_exceeded"

More
    10 years 1 month ago - 10 years 1 month ago #4835 by Dima
    It's google map api restriction. You can read it's limits
    developers.google.com/maps/documentation/javascript/usage

developers.google.com/maps/documentation...e#DirectionsWaypoint

Array of intermediate waypoints. Directions will be calculated from the origin to the destination by way of each waypoint in this array. The maximum allowed waypoints is 8, plus the origin, and destination. Maps API for Business customers are allowed 23 waypoints, plus the origin, and destination. Waypoints are not supported for transit directions. Optional.

Ie you should find your way.
    Show directions through 8 waypoints ("BIG view") with text description below, or divide your way to different routes (by 8 waypoint of) and show it in one map without text of route
    And you can divide your full route to different maps with part of route with descriptions

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
    Last edit: 10 years 1 month ago by Dima.

• ynnadje
    • Topic Author
    More
    10 years 1 month ago #4836 by ynnadje
    Replied by ynnadje on topic Possibility to select directions for a route?
    Thanks,

I feel so stupid, I reduced the number of waypoints to 8. But now my placemarklist is empty.

Having multiple routes was my first idea.

All placemarks are max 500m from each other. (It's a walk in a town)

1) Would it be possible to get a system to receive directions from my actual position to the next placemark? (select the placemark I want to go to on the map or placemarklist and get directions)?
    2) Could I get directions from a placemark to another placemark. (only 2 waypoints) but to be selected by the user.

The complete routedescription I could ad as a pdf ...

Thank you very much for your answers ...

More
    10 years 1 month ago #4837 by Dima
    But in this case you can just create KML file or files.

You'll get it from your phone, for example, by some application. And use KML's. You can manage KML files by group list (by paths feature)

In this case you can enable routing feature. And create your placemarks. In this case your placemark can have toolbar, and you can set your placemark to start or end point. For exan=mple, you can click to set placemark as a end point, and use find button or geolocation button to set the start point as place where you are. In this case you'll get route description to your next point

Time to create page: 0.080 seconds

Donate

Go to top