Question

More
10 years 4 weeks ago - 10 years 4 weeks ago #4905 by NaZz
Question was created by NaZz
Hello, I would like to ask the following:

I have a multilingual site which shows different regions of a country. Now, is there a way to create only 1 map and put all placemarks on that map but when I want to show a part of this map I just point to this part (zoom in) but all the others placemarks are still displayed?

For example I want to have a map of United States.
I add all placemarks around USA on 1 map.
But when I want to point to New York I still use that same map but just point to that specific field. Users can still zoom out and see all others placemarks in the USA.
So I am not forced to create 50 maps for each state.

Currently I'm using 17 maps for 1 country. Is there a way to do it in a more simple way?
Last edit: 10 years 4 weeks ago by NaZz.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #4909 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Question
Hi.

You don't need to add many maps.

You can use groups and categories.

For example, you can assign for your placemarks different groups (depend on State, for example).
- And show only this group on map (by setting menu map item fields (category and/or group).
- or show your map by plugin call by category list or group list

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NaZz

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #4913 by NaZz
Replied by NaZz on topic Question
Thank you for your reply. I will try to group all the placemarks now. Also, is there a way to have 1 general map with all the placemarks grouped but show different parts of it(zoom in) when needed?

Example: I have 1 map (showing north american continent) with placemarks added and grouped. If I want to show state of New York I only show new york placemarks but can I also zoom in to New York? Or does it always stay zoomed out - showing whole north american continent?

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #4914 by Dima
You can :)
For example, you can enable placemark management by zoom in map details (Placemark Manager radiogroup). And assign groups to your placemarks. On groups set min and max zoom to display.
In this case you can have placemarks, which will be shown on zoom range.
After that create placemarks for each State center. And set only for that placemarks add into placemark list. Enable placemark list, set it position.
After that you will have placemark list (only states), and set action by click for that list - center and click. And for state center placemarks set zoom by click - appropriate you want.
Finally you will have:
- placemark list for States
- placemarks, which will be shown only for definite zoom range (set displaying state placemarks on big zoom, and detailed your placemarks on little zoom). It will funny - when you display whole country - you will see only states placemarks. Click on it - you'll center and zoomed to state. And when you zoom in - the state placemarks will be hidden

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: NaZz

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #4915 by NaZz
Replied by NaZz on topic Question
Wow, thank you very much! I will try that and if I will have problems I'll have to come back here, hopefully you will forgive me if that happens. :)

More
10 years 3 weeks ago #4916 by Dima
My forum is to support my development.
Do not hesitate, ask me, and I'll describe how to do it :P

Time to create page: 0.084 seconds

Donate

Go to top