Placemark editing - Category dropdown list

• mapper
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3704 by mapper
Hi!

We have about 40 placemark categories in our website. We have been adding lots of placemarks lately and it is quite time consuming to find the right category from the dropdown list in placemark editing.

The placemark category list is not ordered alphabetically. It seems to be ordered by category id.

I have been trying to figure out where to change the code which does the ordering, but haven't found it. Can you tell me which php file I should edit to order the category list alphabetically in placemark editing?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3705 by Dima
Hi.

About what category list you talk? In admin panel?
If yes - I use "standard" joomla's call for selecting category - and it shown as hierarchy

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• mapper
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3706 by mapper
Replied by mapper on topic Placemark editing - Category dropdown list
Thanks for your reply

Yes in admdin panel. When I use placemark editing to add new placemark. I attached a picture.

The placemark group dropdown list is ordered alphabetically, but the category dropdown list is oredered by category id.

I want to change the code so that category list is also ordered alphabetically. How can I do this?
Attachments:
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by mapper.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3707 by Dima
In earliest versions of my component I did it :) (I didn't know how to call "by standard way" category list, and I did a simple list as it done for map lists, group lists.

If you think it's good idea to have ability to select category from simple drop down list sorted by title - I think I can add this feature into component options.

As for your edition php - files, I think you will have difficulties - you need to change 3 file

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: mapper

• mapper
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3708 by mapper
Replied by mapper on topic Placemark editing - Category dropdown list
OK. Thanks again.

I think it would be useful to sort this list by title. This feature would probably benefit other users as well.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3717 by Dima
Hi.

I did new release, and it includes this feature. Check Extension Manager or JED

Time to create page: 0.098 seconds

Donate

Go to top