Link to limited map

• Birder
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #1010 by Birder
Link to limited map was created by Birder
Hi Guys

Great component but i just cant work out some of the things i want to do. I am a long time joomla user and understand it well.

I produce panoramas of events, places, stores etc and each pano tour is in its own folder on the server so it can be called directly by the clients but i would like to put them all on a map.

I like this site roros360.no/en/#

It has a right menu that has menu items that shows different categories but i cant see how I can call a single category from a joomla menu item from your map component.

It would even better if there was a module that could dynamically display the categories in menu so when selected all placemarks in that category is displayed
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Birder.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #1015 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Re: Link to limited map
Hi

You can create like in mine demo
joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-demo-feature-managebygroup

For this you create any count of groups
Set for placemark its group
Enable feature in map details on slider "Placemark Groups"

One specialty - in this case all placemarks of your map is created in any case.

If you want to show a definite category, group or something else, use plugin for component
this is documentation
zhuk.cc/wiki/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_Plugin
It have all features of component only without feature Placemark Group Control

If you want to use module - you can get my module for component, it have all features as a component

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Birder

• Birder
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #1023 by Birder
Replied by Birder on topic Re: Link to limited map
Thanks Dima

I have it working but I am not a CSS guy so making it look nice is a problem

More
11 years 9 months ago #1024 by Dima
Hi.
I'm not too.
If you have questions, you can ask me. And I'll try to answer.

And if you want to modify css - copy into your template, change suffix to external and use external type of css on map details in Placemark Group slider. In other case (if you change mine css-files), it will be overridden after new release

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Birder
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #1025 by Birder
Replied by Birder on topic Re: Link to limited map
I still have the problem that the placemark menu disappears if I link a URL to a placemark. What i would like to be able to do is open the placemark in an iframe in a lightbox (Width=95% Height=95%)

It would also be a great improvement if you could have the placemarklist menu available for display in a module so it can be placed where we want.

Once again many thanks

More
11 years 9 months ago #1026 by Dima
Hi.
You can show your map in lightbox, but only define width and height in pixels. And I show in this case map as a component, therefore your map have to be have dimensions.

Check plugin doc.
And if you enter your placemark IDs into plugin parameter PlacemarkList - you'll see only this placemarks.

Placemark List menu available in all my extensions - component, module and plugin.

And you can display placemark list in any place of your page - set its position to external and add custom HTML module, for example. And there create special named div. Thats all :)

Time to create page: 0.090 seconds

Donate

Go to top