Placemarks and Button Translation

• innetk
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #2914 by innetk
Placemarks and Button Translation was created by innetk
Hello,

I am working on my site and wanted to ask a few questions:

1. The site is in Russian and I am using GoogleMap Extension geolocation to include directions. Unfortuantely the buttons: DropDown (Driving, Walking, Public Transport) and Get route were not translated. Did I miss a setting somewhere? If not, how can I make them in Russian? (Will proposed solution work if I were to enable a switch between English and Russian for the site....) Note the map controls, street/city names, and directions themselves are displayed in russian. Only the buttons that I described are not.

2. In the DropDown for geolocation, is there a way to display "Public Transport" as default? Where can I change that?

3. What drives the display of the Large Whitebox placemark? I.e. it points to the center, i.e. the Lawyer's office in my case? In the component I did set it to 'hide' but it is still showing up.

4. Does geocoding, i.e. ability to enter address and display direction available in Yandexmaps?

Thank you very much. You can view the site at (kabinet)(advokata)(com) w/o the parenthesis contacts page, all in 1 word.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 9 months ago #2915 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Placemarks and Button Translation
Добрый день.
По умолчанию, АПИ карт берет настройки языка из браузера, Вы можете легко проверить это.
А вот мои элементы управления - нет. Если Вы установите в джумле язык для сайта на русский - тогда эти контролы будут подписаны по-русски, сейчас, если я правильно понимаю, у Вас установлен английский. Либо - установите в свойствах карты язык на RU-ru. Тогда расширение принудительно возьмет русский перевод.

по п.2 - нет, сейчас нет возможности устанавливать какое значение по умолчанию будет в выпадающем списке. Над данной опцией можно подумать

п3 - не понял

п4 - не совсем понял. У меня есть элемент управления для поиска через геокодирование и построение маршрута к метке, и возможность автодополнения. И при чем здесь YandexMap?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• innetk
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2916 by innetk
Replied by innetk on topic Placemarks and Button Translation
Dmitriy,
Thank you for a quick response.

Let me explain further (I will use English as it is easy for me to decribe what I am looking for)

1. Map DropDown and Get Route buttons
- I did visit the "Language Manager" and on the tab called "Installed-Site" I installed ru-RU and made it default.
- Then I visited the Component and selected the Language there as ru-RU
- Lastly I've visited the options for my browser and added Russian, and made it the language of preference. [To verify I visited www.google.com which now displayed all menues on google.com page in Russian]

Nothing helped, buttons are still in English. Furthermore, my friend who is currently in Russia and always have had her browser setup with Russian as default tested this, and he also sees them in English.

What else can I do?

2. Public Transport as default.
Would be useful especially in Russia where people rely on public transport a lot more than driving.

3. Large white placemark, what causes it to be visible
If you visit my page you will find that the white box on the map with the words "Kabinet Advokata" points to the location. Is there a way to NOT to display the white box, or replace it with a small pin w/o text?

I did visit the component setup for my map, and set Show/Hide to "Hide" but it is still displayed. Is there another place to disable it?

I did not create any placemarks under Placemarks tab in the map component

4. YandexMap geocoding
Questions 1-3 all relate to GoogleMap. This question is asking whether geocoding, i.e. ability to calculate and display directions is avialable for YandexMap just like it does for GoogleMap. If so, could you tell me how to do it? (I could not understand it from the Documentation)

Thank you,
Inna
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by innetk.

• innetk
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago - 10 years 9 months ago #2974 by innetk
Something strange is going on.

This is the link to this topic forum.zhuk.cc/index.php/gm-component/198...d-button-translation

When I visit My Topics I see it on the list, but if I go through Forum>>Zh GoogleMap>>Component it is not on the list.

Please respond to my prior post where I responded to your questions.
THANK YOU very much,
Inna
Last edit: 10 years 9 months ago by innetk.

More
10 years 9 months ago #3002 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Placemarks and Button Translation
Hi Inna
As for 1
I've changes on my development site - frontend to Russian
development.zhuk.cc/index.php/howtofind2

All works. May be you set Language field in map details properties. But in this case the map will be the same (in English). Do you use any translation extension, may be it caused problems.

As for 4. I didn't understand you.
Yandex: - it has its own geocoder, you pass text address and get the results
Google: - it has its own geocoder, you pass text address and get the results

And all of them have API.
For my google's component I use google's geocoder, pass it text address anf get the first result

For my yandex extension I use yandex map API call, use yandex'es geocoder, pass it text and get the first result too.

Explain what you have difficulties in understanding or using.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• innetk
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 9 months ago #3017 by innetk
Dima,
After numerious attempts and many hours of reading, I am happy to report that I resolved my problem with item 1.

When I added component and my map inside it, I enabled geocoding, and then realized it is not displaying Russian. Then I did the following steps in order:
- edit the Map component: Language = ru-RU instead of leaving this blank
- installed Russian and made it default in the Language Manager of Joomla
- then adjusted my IE and Firefox to only have Russian as the language (I am outside of Russia at the moment, so it was still somehow picking up too much English).

Neither one of these 3 worked, and I was getting ready to uninstall component while keeping my browser and Joomla set to Russian, thinking something got disabled or overwritten during install.

Mch to my surprise when I removed Language = ru-RU on the Map within Component, all worked! I guess that ru-RU was everwriting something.

Item 4: resolved itself. I was trying to figure out how to setup YandexMap in case I could not get GoogleMap to work. But it is working :-)

Item 2: Future enhancement

Item 3: I've also resolved, I realized what I need to change.

ALL and all THANK YOU very much for your help.
Inna

p.s. till next time... when I will adding multi-language capabilities

Time to create page: 0.130 seconds

Donate

Go to top