Placemark groups and Items switching by click

• Gandalf
  • Gandalf's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3512 by Gandalf
Hello,

I have made a simple map with about 25 placemark groups at bit.ly/19lczt4 .
Is there a possibility (code change or already featured possibility) to switch kml layers by groups menu items?
e.g. You press number one item, it shows on the map. You press number two item, numer one is switching off, and map shows number two item etc)
If there is, please what is the way to achieve it.
Thx in advance and regards.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3528 by Dima
Hi.

But you can do this.
In map details, open "Placemark Groups" slider
As you know, you use placemark management ("Manage Placemarks" is set to Yes)
Now if you enable "Manage Paths" (set it to KML layers), you can manage your KML files.
Open your path with KML layer, and set it group assignment (as you did for placemarks)

And after that your KML layers will show/hide

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago #3529 by Dima

• Gandalf
  • Gandalf's Avatar Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3531 by Gandalf
Replied by Gandalf on topic Placemark groups and Items switching by click
Hi,
I have already set the feature from your demo before I have made the first post.
I have not explained enough the problem I would like to solve, so I will try to clarify it by your demo at joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-dem...re-managebygroup-kml:

1. When you enter the demo page, Spain kml is shown
2. when you click any item on right (e.g. Germany), the KML layer shows on map
3. now, both layers clicked are shown on the map

I would like to achieve toggling - when you click the second item ( e.g. Germany mentioned in ad.2), the first item automaticaly hide (Spain hides, Germany is switched on). And so on - if you click Switzerland, Germany kml hides and only Switz kml is shown etc.

I hope I clarify my question now, sorry I haven't been precise enough in my first post.
Can you help me to solve this question?
Thx in advance and rgds

More
10 years 7 months ago #3532 by Dima
Aha. Now I understand you.

No. Today there is no feature to toggle. May be in future I'll do this and the other :)

Now I'm totally change my code (I expect to do release in 1-2 weeks), and after that I can have (I think), more flexible code to do different funny features.
The main thing now - ajax loading placemarks (not only it's content), in this case a lot of placemarks will be loaded dynamically and map will show immediately.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Time to create page: 0.119 seconds

Donate

Go to top