Gray Map on Back end

• OneConcierge
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago #3628 by OneConcierge
Gray Map on Back end was created by OneConcierge
So I love your map, very handy, but for some reason when I go to the components admin panel in the backend and try to add/edit a map or place mark there is no map display anymore. The map display also does not show up on maps or placemarks I have already created. On the website the map works great (www.oneconcierge.com/company/a-global-presence) but I have lost the ability to make sure the place holder is in the right geographical location while creating a new map or placemark or editing an existing map or placemark.

This is the second time it happened and the first time I didn't have a lot of information set in the component so I just uninstalled the compent and reinstalled it and the map reappeared in the component admin panel. However, I have to much information in the map copmponent now to reinstall it and I am worried if I do I will loose the 100 something maps I have created thus so far.

Do I have something configered worng? Or maybe I didn't install it right I have no idea. It was working one day and the next not working and I didn't change anything so I don't know what made it happen.
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3629 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Gray Map on Back end
Hi

If you uninstall component - all my tables, where I store information will dropped too, ie you lost your maps and all information.

But can you check in admin panel - whether or not some errors in browser console when you open map details.
If no - check do you have in page source the other onload function (I initialize map by it), ie may be the other extension (for example, some system plugin cause this problem.

If you didn't successed - you can mail me temporary access to admin panel, and I'll try to analyze where you have problems.

My mail: This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• OneConcierge
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3636 by OneConcierge
Replied by OneConcierge on topic Gray Map on Back end
Thank you for getting back to me so fast.

So I went into the Admin panel but I am not showing an load errors. Also I don't believe that it is a browser issue as we have loaded the panel up on Safari, Crome, IE, and Firefox and all 4 browsers don't work in addition to when I uninstalled the component and reinstalled the component, it worked again.

It could be that there is a plugin messing with it but it was working fine up until a few days ago and we didn't change anything on the website to make it stop working. The only thing that we do constantly is delete the cache to allow the front end of the website to update rapidly after we do work on the back end.

If you are still willing and able then I have created a username and password for you to log in under to see if you can find whats going wrong.

I am e-mailing you the log-in information.

Thank you again for all your help. I really do appreciate it. We have about another 40 cities and place marks that we need to add this week and it is difficult to do without seeing where we are dropping the pins.
Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by OneConcierge. Reason: added information by mistake

More
10 years 7 months ago #3641 by Dima
I fixed it.

I can't disable custom map types in component options (can't access to it), therefore I've added into you customMap type #1 function for getting OSM tiles.
Explaination:
1 - you enable in component options to use your own custom map types, and use first of it as default (value = Yes (Default))
2 - in this case I do loop by your custom types and create map types
3 - but you don't enter function to get tiles, therefore I don't create map types, but I tried to set this layer as default, and in browser console there was an error - customMapType1 not defined
4 - to fix that you can disable using custom map types in admin panel as layers (in map options) - in this case you will not see this layers in map type switch on map for map details and placemark details
5 - or if you have your own map types and want to use it in admin panel to define map objects - enter all values, which is needed to create map layer

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
10 years 7 months ago - 10 years 7 months ago #3642 by Dima
updated:

I'm little mistaken - you only enable custom map types - and I tried to create it, this case the error.
I don't try to set it to default, I tried to set association for custom map layer object and text label in map type control, and the layer was not created, in this case the error is raised

Last edit: 10 years 7 months ago by Dima.

Time to create page: 0.068 seconds

Donate

Go to top