Cannot control initial zoom level

• TMotran
  • TMotran's Avatar Topic Author
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3669 by TMotran
Cannot control initial zoom level was created by TMotran
I've tried changing every zoom level option I can find in the Admin control panel, but I can't seem to change, or even control, the zoom level for the map as it opens.

So far, I've got a fresh site, in development, with sample data, one map with two markers, with the map assigned to a main menu item.

Any ideas?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• TMotran
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3687 by TMotran
Replied by TMotran on topic Cannot control initial zoom level
To clarify, I've built and published a map, displaying it from the Component via a Component Menu item --- this is where I get the above problem. After poking around a bit, however, I have found that if I create an article with the map using the ZHGM plugin, then publish it via an Article Menu item, I get control over the initially displayed zoom level. This is a bit quirky...

More
10 years 7 months ago #3692 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Cannot control initial zoom level
Hi, sorry, I'm not understand you.

You create map, and set the zoom for it.
If you create menu item - by default you can see map with this zoom.
If you publish map by plugin - you can show map with this zoom (not enter new zoom value), or override it.

For component in menu item you can override it too.

Addition to this - you can add for your placemark (for each) - zoom by click - to change zoom to specified what you click on placemark

You can show/hide zoom control in map details in section "Map Controls"
To change zoom position on map you can un map details in section "Map controls" in "Control Positions"

If you can't see zoom on map (if you set it) - look at my docs
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php?title=Zh_GoogleMa...ontrol_has_bad_shape
and can read this thread

forum.zhuk.cc/index.php/forum/gm-compone...ymbols?start=12#3213

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• TMotran
  • No Bull
More
10 years 7 months ago #3700 by TMotran
Replied by TMotran on topic Cannot control initial zoom level
D:
What's going on is that I can set the zoom level (admin) on a map, say I want it to start at zoom level 7. I assign the map to a menu item, navigate via the frontend using the menu link, and the map starts out at zoom level 12 no matter what I do. On the other hand, if I publish the map using the ZHGM plugin, assign the article to a menu, then navigate through the frontend using the menu link, the map appears with my chosen zoom level of 7. Keep in mind that this applies only to the initial, opening zoom level. All the other features relating to zoom levels seem to work just fine.

More
10 years 7 months ago #3702 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Cannot control initial zoom level
Yes, the zoom, which you set in admin panel - it is initial zoom, the zoom by default

And you have ability to override it
- in menu item (component call) - set the other value in properties of meny item
- in plugin - appropriate parameter in call

PS or you have troubles and I didn't understand?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Time to create page: 0.074 seconds

Donate

Go to top