• helenbn
  • helenbn's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #331 by helenbn
validation error was created by helenbn
Hi,

I am getting a validation error:

end tag for "ul" which is not finished

…class="zhgm-ul-markerList-simple"></ul></div><div id="GMapsID" style="margin:0…

Most likely, you nested tags and closed them in the wrong order. For example <p><em>...</p> is not acceptable, as <em> must be closed before <p>. Acceptable nesting is: <p><em>...</em></p>

Another possibility is that you used an element which requires a child element that you did not include. Hence the parent element is "not finished", not complete. For instance, in HTML the <head> element must contain a <title> child element, lists require appropriate list items (<ul> and <ol> require <li>; <dl> requires <dt> and <dd>), and so on.

Any ideas how I might fix this?

Thanks for such a great extension!
Helen

Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #332 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Re: validation error
Hi.

I'll check this in 2-3 hours, and if I lost closing tag, I'll add and do fix release.

Thanks.
PS in JED pending module for component, and in demo site there is an example page ;)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #333 by Dima
Hi.
I've checked, and I think it's OK, may be you have any others problems, not caused by placemark list.

For example, I saw letter icon. Is it your's. May be you enter email address. In this case you can get unexpected error, because the other joomla plugin escaped this address, and write not compatible code with my extension.

Can you give me direct link to page with this error

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #334 by Dima
And if you see your code, which you post, you'll see closing ul-tag

• helenbn
  • helenbn's Avatar Topic Author
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #335 by helenbn
Replied by helenbn on topic Re: validation error
Hi Dima,

I can't give you the link yet as it is hidden, but in a day or two I can send it. But I too saw the closing tag in the Page Source so I am not sure what w3c validator is seeing. I am fixing all w3c errors right now and this one does not seem to be related to anything else.

I will post again once I get the site live.

Thanks,
Helen

Pretty Good Designs | prettygooddesigns.com | Hey, that's pretty good!

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds

Donate

Go to top