External Map Placement list "not found"

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #460 by Kevin
Hello,
I LOVE your extension. It is very well done and laid out. It's amazing (We will be donating soon :) ).

I'm having one issue though that I cannot figure out.

When editing a map I am in "Placement List" options. I've set the placement to "External". In the article I've pasted the following:
<ul id="GMapsMarkerUL" style="list-style-type: none;"></ul>

Below is the exact code I've put in the article:
<ul id="GMapsMarkerUL" style="list-style-type:"></ul>
<br />
<br />
{zhgooglemap:001}

When I load the page with the map, the browser throws this error:

<ul> tag with id='GMapsMarkerUL' for placemark list not found

I can confirm the UL code is in the page but it's not getting read or I'm doing something wrong. The map is still loaded fine after the error.

Thanks,
Kevin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #461 by Dima
Hi.

Yes, I've checked it. In an article this doesn't work.

explainations:

1 - if you use component call, it works. You include this section into Custom HTML module and all works.
2 - if you include call into plugin, it will work in only one case, you have to change ID for UL tag. When you call plugin, I modify IDs to not have interaction between two maps, ie click on draw direction in first map not draw route in second map. And I create compound ID, which unique, and it use internal ID (article ID, placemark and etc). But if you use one map more than one time, I'm not guarantee that it will be the same all time, because if I find this map twice in a page, I add modifier.
If you map it only one, you can find real ID and change to it. Check your page source
var markerUL = document.getElementById("GMapsMarkerULcom_content_article_75_0_1_map");
if (!markerUL)
{
 alert("No se ha encontrado la <ul> etiqueta con id=\'GMapsMarkerUL\' para la lista de marcadores");
}

In this case the real ID is GMapsMarkerULcom_content_article_75_0_1_map
3 - in module call it will be work until I''' add ability to show more than one map as modules (add modifiers)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #462 by Kevin
Thank you very much! I've used the map ID as the UL ID and it works fine.

Also, where can I download the module install for this? I can't find it in the Joomla Extensions anywhere.

Kevin

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #463 by Dima
It still on approving. #39 in a queue.

This is a direct link to current version

zhuk.cc/files/mod_zhgooglemap-1.0.5-final.zip

This is documentation for it

zhuk.cc/wiki/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_Module

And the last feature if you set height = 0 and width = 0, you'll get 100% for width and height, and you can create full screen map, like this.

joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-demo-feature-fullscreen

But in that case you have to use special template (for styles 100% for html, and 100% for body. You can create it by yourself, or try to use mine. I think I have to create download page for it, because templates not included in JED

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #464 by Kevin
Thank you for the module link and excellent support Dima. I'll try to figure out the full screen map, that is a very nice option.

Time to create page: 0.085 seconds

Donate

Go to top