Protect URL for KML layer

More
11 years 11 months ago #666 by lexx
Protect URL for KML layer was created by lexx
I downloaded Zh GoogleMap yesterday, and in just a few short hours I was up and running with some very impressive maps. I am blown away at how powerful this component is! Dmitry, you're my new hero!

A question I have: is there any way to hide the KML URL path from the HTML page source? I realize that the URL has to be available for the overlay to work, however I am hoping it could be somehow hidden from the html so the kml file can be protected from praying eyes. For instance, if the kml url is something like mysite.com/maps/my_map.kml, perhaps it can be broken down into mysite.com/maps/ and my_map.kml, where the mysite.com/maps/ path leading to the kml is stored in the sql databse.
Any trick you might be able to suggest?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #672 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Re: Protect URL for KML layer
Hi.

Do you want not to see html address to your KML file in page source code?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #688 by lexx
Replied by lexx on topic Re: Protect URL for KML layer
Dmitry, thanks for your follow-up. That's right, I don't want to show the URL address to the kml file in the source code, in order to protect the data. The way it is right now, the source code shows something like this in the javascript code:
var kmlLayer = new google.maps.KmlLayer('http://mysite.com/maps/my-map.kml');

Is there a way to hide that full path to the kml file? Thanks!
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by lexx.

More
11 years 11 months ago #695 by Dima
Unfortunately, today I can't hide URL, because I have to create HTML page on server, and have to pass this URL into method in page source.
When I finish study JQuery, I think I can, for example do dynamic query for this values and dynamically create method call.

PS. thanks for donation

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
11 years 11 months ago #696 by Dima
Hi again.

May be you should use GeoRSS Layers

developers.google.com/maps/documentation...yers?hl=en#KMLLayers

see example "The following example constructs a KmlLayer from the given GeoRSS feed:"

ie you get it by request rss

Time to create page: 0.122 seconds

Donate

Go to top