• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #10348 by Chabi01
Replied by Chabi01 on topic Image overlay
I will try.
But there is some little thing i don't for now understand (for example, can i resize the image, rotate it, etc..).
I will give a try.
Thanks Dima :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 10 months ago - 7 years 10 months ago #10349 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Image overlay
You'll get image overlay over basic map. As I understand you, you want to use this image to set placemarks (for example) on definite places and you want to have "signs" on map where it is

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 7 years 10 months ago by Dima.

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #10350 by Chabi01
Ok, i show you an example.
Take a look to this image : www.dropbox.com/s/xv1wpqu8cfb1yzz/exampleimage.png?dl=0
This is a typical image i use.
On GoogleEarth, i place this image on the "real" map, turn, ajust, resize it if necessary, and i use this to create my polygons.
At the end, the image is not to use anymore as this is only a layer to help me to trace my polygons, so i remove it and only use the polygons created.
So i get in Googleearth this (an other work of the same kind realized) : www.dropbox.com/s/i7tnysrmr8w1iy6/ExamplePolygon.png?dl=0
And to finish the job, i export the polygons, use my script (told you about this) to convert the syntax to ZhGooglemap way and i have then all my polygons handled in Zhgooglemap.
You see what i mean ?
That's also something like this (but without the possibility to "draw" on their map as a public data) : go on www.geoportail.gouv.fr/accueil
This is the public french data on map.
Click on "Consulter la version simplifiée (the orange link).
Activate then the view on the left "Vue aérienne" to get the classic view and then activate also the layer "Parcelle cadastrales".
Now, zoom on the map.
You see then the "image" on the classic map view.
On my side, when i get this with my own image in GoogleEarth, i draw all my polygons to retrieve only the data in need (not all the informations are usefull) by drawing big polygons using the line provided on the map by the image to help to have the correct plots on my polygons.
That's what is often asked to gain at the end a "simplified" map with polygons to see "blocks".
Do you understand ?
Xavier

So, in fact my question is

More
7 years 10 months ago #10351 by Dima
Yes. You can convert your image and get your own map type. In your example, on geoportal you just change map types by clicking on the left image menu.
I think it is the same.
Look for example www.maptiler.com/
i think you can check on test example with free version.
There are a lot of tile generator program.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Chabi01
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
7 years 10 months ago #10352 by Chabi01
Sorry Dima, i don't get it...
I can do this in Zhgooglemap or do i have to use a tool like maptiler ??
I cannot do in zhgooglemap what is shown in maptiler, non ?
If i import an image in zhgooglemap, i can transform the image as in maptiler to have the exact position of the image on the map ?
My question is only : can i get rid of GoogleEarth for this by doing all the work in Zhgooglemap or do i have to use my GoogleEarth (or maptiler for you) to do this ?
Xavier

More
7 years 10 months ago #10354 by Dima
Hi.
I think we just a little misunderstood each other.
I want to say:
- if you have image file, you can do from this file map tiles. You can connect your image to definite place of map, and after that create tiles. This is little images, which google map uses for show map. On different zooms it shows different tiles, and you have ability to see "zoomed" areas. For example, for different zooms you can use different images and create more detailed image when you zoom in.
- As for your image. You can take big image, connect to map, generate tiles, create your own map type (map or overlay).
- after that you can use it for creating map type as an ordinary predefined map type. Like I added OSM and NZTopo

Look, zoom out to understand
joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-mai...m-feature-nz-topomap
joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-mai...e-nz-topomap-overlay
I mean, if you need some image to have in my extension, and use it to draw your own map objects - you can do it.
I show maptiler link to the tool, which create tiles set for maps, for google maps too. I don't know is GoogleEarth can generate tiles or not (I think not).

Time to create page: 0.096 seconds

Donate

Go to top