Location button to get your current location.

• OnlyPositiveNRG
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #10840 by OnlyPositiveNRG
Location button to get your current location. was created by OnlyPositiveNRG
Hi Dima ...

I'd like to have your suggestions in order to get through a problem with "my location" on your fabulous extension.
First of all ... my environment: Joomla! 3.6.4 + mobile Android devices, Google Chrome.
For what concern "Chrome" ... enabled global settings for "location" inside "Site settings"

Your Ext. settings:
Component setting ( control panel): first field "Google Earth API Key" filled in with a registered API ( no results even when empty);
Map Settings:
[Map Control] Geocode Control = Yes
[Geocode] Auto positioning = Yes; Geocode control = Yes.

Everything works fine when using Google Maps: I can see my "blue point" following me on the map. When I change window on the same device ... on my website with your ext ... I can see the "same map", without my location. I think there's something wrong or missing in my settings but I don't know what. Any suggestion?

Thanks a lot.
Best regards.
Max

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 4 months ago #10841 by Dima
Hi Max.
I'm not clear understand you.
If you use desktop (notebook) browser, you open your site and what? Do you see map and location button? If you click on it do you change position to current?
As I understand if you open your site in mobile browser you can't see location button, and "Autoposition" feature didn't change your position to current.
If yes, do you enable on your mobile device share your position?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• OnlyPositiveNRG
  • Topic Author
More
7 years 4 months ago #10842 by OnlyPositiveNRG
Replied by OnlyPositiveNRG on topic Location button to get your current location.
Hi Dima,
thanks for your reply.

well, I can see map and location button on my desktop pc, on my android smartphone and on my Android Tablet;when I click on "location button" a small empty "box" in the middle of the screen, always in the middle but i'm not in that position on the map/reality, it's not my current position.

Yes, on my mobile devices settings are set to share "my position", in fact when I use "Google maps" official app on the same device it works fine ... I can see my current position on its map. I can't do the same on my web pages using "ZH Google Map Ext". What is wrong in my settings?

Regards.
Max

More
7 years 4 months ago #10843 by Dima
Can you give me direct link to your page with map. I'll look at page to check what I can see on it, and will chat with the same view

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: OnlyPositiveNRG

Time to create page: 0.539 seconds

Donate

Go to top