Map find control

• babu1965
  • babu1965's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #10913 by babu1965
Map find control was created by babu1965
Hi, I've installed ZhGooglemap on Joomla 3.6.5, so later I've put Google Maps API Key and make a map that I've placed in a page with the module.
The map working well but don't work the Map Find Control, any time I put a name for example "Rome" I can't obtain the path and in the page open a box that say "Geocode was not successful for the following reason: REQUEST_DENIED for the address: roma"

Here attached the screensho of setup

I've used a lot of time the component but is the first time that happen
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 3 months ago #10916 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Map find control
Hi.
The field "Address" (Route tab) is very rare useful.
In the beginning I use model:
Your map center (latitude and longitude) is destination point. And your text address in find field on site - it is start point.
All works OK, but one user ask me to give ability to enter text address, because he don't like where Google Maps API create start placemark, and he don't want to define it by map center. I did it, but I don't like this kind of definition.

In Places library tab you did mistake, Places types - set it to empty, or enter correct places types - check tooltip ad my docs. It is places types, not address. It uses to show some google places, for example, bars, shops etc.

Error "REQUEST_DENIED" caused the case you not enter correct Map API Key, for example you create for domain only, but tries to use in subdomain. Or you by mistake enter it into Earth API Key, not Maps in component options.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• babu1965
  • babu1965's Avatar Topic Author
More
7 years 3 months ago #10919 by babu1965
Replied by babu1965 on topic Map find control
Thanks Dima, for your prompt and
exhaustive reply.
I've corrected the Root tab and Places Library tab so I've tried again to obtain a new API Key so now working regular :)

Thanks a lot

More
7 years 3 months ago #10921 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Map find control
OK

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Time to create page: 0.129 seconds

Donate

Go to top