Customizing one place

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11582 by Harlock
Replied by Harlock on topic Customizing one place
Aaaaaaaahhhhhh perfect ! Thank you ! Now it works as expected :-) Really cool !

Talking about custom icons, I was wondering : in case your extension is updated, will the custom icon remain untouched ?

Getting back to my first question : is there a way to customize my client's standard Google Map icon on MY map ? (talking about the small pictogram in a circle and the name next to it). Because of course I get both the standard Google Map icon AND my custom icon on top of it. A little messy.

Same question about OTHER companies all around. Like making them less visible or change their color.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 11 months ago #11583 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Customizing one place
I did release, check new version of component.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11584 by Harlock
Updated and working ! You are amazing !

More
5 years 11 months ago #11585 by Dima
If you will not uninstall, you will not lost your data and icons. Just install over exists.

As for "Getting back to my first question : is there a way to customize my client's standard Google Map icon on MY map ? (talking about the small pictogram in a circle and the name next to it). Because of course I get both the standard Google Map icon AND my custom icon on top of it. A little messy."

As I understand right - you get your markers with icons, and default Google's POI.
If you want to disable POI, you can use styling maps.
Here description
wiki.zhuk.cc/index.php/Zh_GoogleMap_Description#Styles
There are 2 links there, for description and for wizard.
For information: Google Maps JS API had limit for using styling feature (daily or something else). You need to check does it have limits and if yes - analyze do you fit it.
Today I tried to check info
developers.google.com/maps/pricing-and-plans/#details
And didn't find about styling and limits, probably they can remove it, but you need to check it.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 11 months ago #11586 by Harlock
OK, nice to hear updates should run smoothly.

Yes, I was talking about POIs. Sorry, once again I'm not really familiar with GM terms :-)

Yes, styling options is the "only" thing I still have to explore and add to my map. I should do that in the next hours and then I'll see what I can do about customizing companies and POI.

Oh, your link reminds me of a question I wanted to ask you. This one is a bit "naive" but I prefer to ask anyway. Google offers several GM APIs keys. The one I'm using with your extension, I think it's the general web API. But I noticed iOS API and Android API for instance. Is that only for apps devs ? I mean your extension should work in any iOS or Android browser ? I do not need anything else ? Right ?

More
5 years 11 months ago #11587 by Dima
My extension - it is web extension, ie you open page by web browser. And yes, you use web API key (HTML). And it doesn't matter what browser you are using.
iOS API and Android API - it is the other API, I mean the other aplications, it uses their own IDE/dev apps.

Time to create page: 0.106 seconds

Donate

Go to top