Map bounds and draggable option

More
6 years 23 hours ago #11605 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Map bounds and draggable option
If map bounds don't fit on definite zoom visible map - you can change map center until bounds. But if you zoom out, and whole map bounds fit visible map - you can't move map center, but you can see map outside bounds. I don't restrict getting map tiles. But you can fix max zoom that user can't zoom out more than you expect.

As for draggable and mouse scroll. There are 2 options
- Map details -> Draggable
- Map controls -> Scroll Wheel Zoom
It works independently

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 22 hours ago #11606 by Harlock
Replied by Harlock on topic Map bounds and draggable option

Dima wrote: As for draggable and mouse scroll. There are 2 options
- Map details -> Draggable
- Map controls -> Scroll Wheel Zoom
It works independently

That's what I was telling you : it doesn't seem independent.
I have map controls > scroll wheel zoom : on

When Map details > draggable : on - I have to press CMD + scroll mouse to zoom in and out (and I get the message on the black transparent layer).
When Map details > draggable : off - only mouse scroll to zoom in and out and of course no message.

See ?

More
6 years 20 hours ago #11607 by Dima
Yes, I can see it.
It's Google's bug/feature

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 20 hours ago #11608 by Harlock
Oh OK then.

Anyway I could finally create a map fitting most of my requirements with Zh Google Maps, and I'm really pleased with it.
Maybe the learning curve would have been faster if some things were a little much more explained in your tutorial pages. Which could maybe even save YOU some time, with less questions asked in the forum. But I know it's a lot of work.

And once again I'm really amazed by your helpful and reactive support. Thanx !!! ;-)

Harlock

More
6 years 20 hours ago #11609 by Dima
Thanks.
I'm going to create video tutorials, but still haven't time. But I still want to do it.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
6 years 20 hours ago #11610 by Harlock
Well, I'm really not sure you care about my opinion…

But my advice would be video tutorials might not be a priority… Video tutorials are pretty long to create (when they are done seriously I mean).
I know they're quite "trendy" those days, but they are also very long to watch when you really want to follow and learn. My idea is that they are a good medium for a short introduction to your extension, showing the great lines of the structure and what can be done with it.

But web pages, when the content is smartly done and structured, are so much easier to use. You can skip to whatever theme you want to learn about. Etc.

The problem I met with your tutorial pages (and even within the extension itself) is that things are not always clearly explicit : most of the time they are just "doubled". Let's say I want to learn how to use some window/tab of your extension. I go to the proper topic. At first you show us a screen capture of this tab. OK, thank you, I have the same one :-)

Then detailed explanations :
Zoom control : The enabled/disabled state of the Zoom Control
Find Control width : Width of Find Control field
Min Zoom : Min Zoom for Map
Etc.

That's a lot of room for so few infos.

Take only this example about a question I asked you this morning (well, it was morning for me !). About how to set the map bounds. I mean I didn't know I have to enter left bottom and right top coordinates. Maybe this information is so obvious to you ? But for a new user ?

So yes, I would suggest you focus on those explanations rather than any video. Much more efficient. And as another bonus : this is something you can do little by little. Each time you can find 10 minutes, you can improve your docs.

OK that's it for my suggestion, knowing that maybe I don't have your whole context of course !

Time to create page: 0.089 seconds

Donate

Go to top