Google now want payment

• zanteian
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 10 months ago #11667 by zanteian
Google now want payment was created by zanteian
Today I received an email from Google saying that my sites using the Maps API must have a payment linked to the API after June 11 2018. The email does not say my site will stop working but I am assuming it will. The documentation and setup screens look complex, lots of options that I do not really understand. I put together a simple Joomla website and used Google Maps (ZHGoogleMap) to show the location of places that I wrote about.
Google say they give $200 credit per month so it is unlikely that I will have to pay but it seems that I have to put my credit card against the API that Google gave me to insert into the ZHGooleMaps Joomla addon. There are listed 6 different API for this one site that I can restrict (distance, directions, elevation......) and security like limiting to HTTP domain or IP addresses or mobile app. I do not know which ones I am using.
Any clarifications would be appreciated. Document showing how to setup the API on the Google site would be good.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 10 months ago #11669 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Google now want payment
I got this message too. Today I can't understand it clear.
As for features:
- places - if you enable places in map details to see nearest POI or use autocomplete feature in find by geocoding Control
- directions - if you use find by geocoding and enable build directions, or you enable feature to set placemark as start/end point of route
- elevation - if you enable feature to show elevation for KML file

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.126 seconds

Donate

Go to top