Map not displaying on Front

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #11795 by Harlock
Map not displaying on Front was created by Harlock
Hey Dmitry,

I'm trying to add a Google Map on another site with your solution.
So I installed ZH and updated it from Joomla Back Office.
I created a new API key from Google (it seems their interface and process are just getting worse and worse… Even just getting a key took me hours ! Very confusing).

Then I entered the same parameters I'm using in ZH for the other site (which works) except I'm using the new key of course (a key without restrictions).

Within the Component itself, the map appears as a preview. But on the front side, the map doesn't appear. What's "funny" here is that I get the opposite issue than the one I got before : no map, but the zone is clearly defined, and I get the dark layer and the mouse wheel message.

Here is a copy of the console message I get.

Any idea of what could go wrong here ?

Many thanks for your help !
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Harlock
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 7 months ago #11796 by Harlock
Replied by Harlock on topic Map not displaying on Front
Dmitry,

Well, I think I found the problem. JS frameworks were not loaded "the best way" in my pages. I think this happened to me before with ZH. That's weird, I can do many things with JS, jQuery, etc. But as soon as it comes to Google Maps + ZH, everything breaks. Maybe Google is more delicate than other functionalities ?
Anyway things seem to be OK now !

I have another question for you. Not about your extension, but about Google new policy. Sorry, I do know you're not Google hotline… But I think my question is rather simple. Maybe you can help, cause I can't find the answer. I use one Google account to create and manage several Maps APIs for different clients of mine. Do you know if each API has its own quota limit before asking for money ? Or is that a global limit, every key limit being added together ? (which would be stupid, but I'm quite cautious with Google services…).

Thanks.

More
5 years 7 months ago - 5 years 7 months ago #11797 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Map not displaying on Front
Hi. As for console errors - probably you have enabled optimization tools, which cached Google's JS files and not correct loads API.

As for quotas - I think, (only think, probably not true) - limits connected to yours API Keys. Each API key connected to your site (sites). And, I think, limits calculated for each key.
On the other hand, they can calculate limits for your account, not for each key. You need more clear read its documentation.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 5 years 7 months ago by Dima.

Time to create page: 0.167 seconds

Donate

Go to top