Creating a map showing objects of a given type within a radius

More
1 month 5 days ago #15927 by 3dweb
Congratulations on a great component! I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw how many features and extras there are, very serious development. My question is: is it possible with your component to create a map that, when the page is opened, automatically takes the user's location and shows objects of a certain type nearby - for example, hotels, restaurants, cafes?

I create one test map, but is empty, it shows nothing. Maybe jquery should be enabled in global options and google api key entered first? And what type of api key should be - maps, maps + places, maps + routes + places?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 5 days ago - 1 month 5 days ago #15930 by 3dweb
I have read the documentation, Switch on jquery, created google maps api key and enter it in configuration. Than I create one map and entered the following options: Enable using Places: Yes. Places Types: 'restaurant'. Radius: 10000. But nothing loads on the map and the console shows an error: google.maps.places is undefined. Error disapper only if I switch "Enable using Places" to "no".

Screenshots attached. API key is not restricted.
Attachments:
Last edit: 1 month 5 days ago by 3dweb.

More
1 month 4 days ago - 1 month 4 days ago #15931 by 3dweb
P.S. Your Paypal donation not working in USD and EUR. Message: Sorry, this recipient can’t accept payments right now.
Last edit: 1 month 4 days ago by 3dweb.

More
1 month 1 day ago #15940 by Dima
Hi
I didn't check places API long time. Probably Google change maps API or probably it is blocked (I mean places) for Russia.
I need to check it. I will reply after some checks.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3dweb

More
4 weeks 2 days ago #15956 by 3dweb
Dima, thanks. If you need, I can give you access to website - Joomla admin and FTP.

More
3 weeks 4 days ago #15986 by Dima
Hi
I found problem, in case places I didn't correct load places library.
I did new release of component, check extension manager for new component release 19.24.08.26

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: 3dweb

Time to create page: 0.203 seconds