Bicycling Routes

• ntodd7
  • ntodd7's Avatar Topic Author
More
11 years 9 months ago #992 by ntodd7
Bicycling Routes was created by ntodd7
Hello! Loving this component - Zh GoogleMaps.

I am using the Map find control (geocoding) and it is working beautifully. I have one minor issue - the bicycle route does not work.

Ideally, a fix for this would be good, alternatively some way to remove 'Bicycle' from the list of Options?

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 9 months ago #993 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Re: Bicycling Routes
Hi.

If you mean "Bicycling" from drop down list when you draw a route - it works, but today there are not 2 parameters (used defaults)
- Avoid Highways = false
- Avoid Tolls = false

And in bicycle case - route drawing with Avoid Highways = false, and it means riding bike on highway.

In future releases I'll add this two parameters, and will set for bike and walk to avoid = true by default

I think like in google's routes - press parameter link

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• ntodd7
More
11 years 9 months ago #994 by ntodd7
Replied by ntodd7 on topic Re: Bicycling Routes
Thanks for the reply.

I'm not sure you quite understand... or maybe I don't!

I am using a simple, basic map and allowing users to enter their address into the find control, and select destination from markers on the map. A route is then automatically drawn between the two points (I'm not drawing my own routes). It works fine with Driving and Walking. Bicycling just doesn't do anything. I shouldn't think google would consider any of the roads in my area (North of Scotland) as Highways either, so don't see why that would be a problem?

Any ideas on what I can do to remove or fix the bicycle option just now?

More
11 years 9 months ago - 11 years 9 months ago #995 by Dima
I understand you right.
About year ago, when I create this feature all works. Now I've checked it on my maps - yes, it doesn't work.
Geocoder not return route, and I don't show anything.
I thing I'll add error catching and show error (for example you enter not real address or simple charter line without any sense).
And check, may be I need add some new (or correct) riding parameters for bike and walk route

I'll check it on next week

Thanks.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 11 years 9 months ago by Dima.

• ntodd7
More
11 years 9 months ago #997 by ntodd7
Replied by ntodd7 on topic Re: Bicycling Routes
What should I do now then? Will I just disable the Map Find Control entirely until you can release a fix? I can't really use it with bicycle not working - people would get confused.

Thanks for your support so far. An exemplary component overall.

PS entering a captcha every time I post is a little annoying! Is Kunena set to do that all the time or just for newbies like me?! ;)

More
11 years 9 months ago #999 by Dima
If you need you can
- if you disable this feature - they can't draw route at all
- you can disable only drawing route, and people can find its address
- if you leave it for a week as is, for this time may be a few people try to ride bike, and the other can build route
- if you have a little programming knowledge - you can by yourself remove this parameter, until I fix problem

PS moreover, there is a new parameter "Transit" in documentation, I think I'll add it too when will change code

PPS I think captcha only for new members. In other case - a lot of spam

The following user(s) said Thank You: ntodd7

Time to create page: 0.172 seconds

Donate

Go to top