Multiple Placemarks with same coordinates not appearing in Spiral

• bcollie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12096 by bcollie
Hi Dmitry
I have instances where I need to have more than one Placemark with the same coordinates e.g. more than one dog lives at same address.

I have made the Map setting 'Place overlapping placemarks on a spiral' = 'Yes'.

With two (2) Placemarks on the same coordinate, the Cluster works until I zoom in closer, but no Spiral ever appears (to show the two separate Placemarks.

When the Cluster 'breaks up' as I zoom in, only the Placemark with the higher ID number is shown.

I tried changing the Sort order and assigning different 'Order' values to the two Placemarks in question, but it is always the higher ID which appears each time - and the other Placemark on that coordinate never appears.

Am I missing another setting somewhere?

Thank you for your help
R's
Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 years 2 months ago #12098 by Dima
Hi Peter.
Spiral works only without clusterization.
Clusterer library - it is not mine, I only use it.
Spiral feature - it is mine, but I can't integrate it to use with clusterer.

One note:
Do you need this feature? Do you want to use route ability (draw routes from/to placemark).
If you want this feature and don't need to do routes - you can check my other extension Zh OpenStreetMap
joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhosmmap-main

It is on development stage, but lot of features from Zh GoogleMap is implemented, clusterer has ability to build spirals

Today I implementing CSV loading into Zh GoogleMap, but after that I'll come back to develop Zh OpenStreetMap:
- need to add ajax loading placemarks and paths
- add CSV file importing
- infowin panel supports
- and lots of other features

PS OpenStreetMap doesn't require billing account, but Google is implemented (check it's limits to map show). Therefore I'm developing Zh OpenStreetMap and trying to add all features I have in Zh GoogleMap

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
The following user(s) said Thank You: bcollie

• bcollie
  • Topic Author
More
5 years 2 months ago #12101 by bcollie
Thank you for the explanation Dmitry that Clustering and Spiral cannot work together - I was worried it was something I was doing wrong :)

In my case I have no need for routes or paths.

Clustering is mandatory and I can work around the lack of spiral by manually changing coordinates.
I am not trying to accurately display the location of a monument or something like that.

Instead I just want to indicate (roughly) where our puppies now live in their new homes. This is so people who may be out walking in their area can see that one of our dogs lives 'nearby' and maybe they will strike up a conversation with the owner. So you can see that pinpoint accuracy is not a requirement (and is to be avoided - so I do not include street number in my coordinate calculations).

I'll keep watching the OSM development - importing Placemarks from ZH would be essential if I was to change in the future :)

Many thanks for your excellent software.
I'll add my site to your User Sites as I am now halfay through loading our puppy data.

R's
Peter

More
5 years 2 months ago - 5 years 2 months ago #12103 by Dima
In Zh OSM there is import feature.
Just 2 click to import data from Zh GoogleMap placemarks to Zh OpenStreetMap.
You can install. Create simple destination Map. Go to Utility menu. Press Import. If you need groups - you can import it too. Categories can't be imported, but if you create the same hierarchy with the same aliases - it will be assigned too.

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)
Last edit: 5 years 2 months ago by Dima.

Time to create page: 0.086 seconds

Donate

Go to top