Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster

• saltmedia_AB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #10219 by saltmedia_AB
Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster was created by saltmedia_AB
Hello,

I must say I really enjoy working with your project, and I have managed to get it to do everything I need.

However, I have a problem I am trying to work around. I am in need of only having pins that are in a placemark group cluster.

It seems I can only have all pins on a map cluster into groups or none of them. What I need to have happen is assign certain pins to a group and then have ONLY those pins appear as a cluster so when the user clicks on the cluster the pins will spiral out from there to display all of the pins in the cluster.

trusteddispatch.com/test

This is what I have right now, and as a test this is exactly how I want it to work. My client has a large number of pins on their site, so we only want specific groups of pins to cluster.

I hope this makes sense, and I appreciate any help you can send my way.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 1 month ago #10220 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster
Hi

Sorry, I don't understand your problem.
You have placemarks, which belongs to some groups, for example, group 1 and group 2

You enable features - clusterer and displaying placemarks on spiral.

Probably you want to show/hide placemarks depends on it's group. You can do it.
Look at joomla.zhuk.cc/index.php/zhgooglemap-mai...p-with-markermanager
Just enable manage placemarks by group list (map properties).

And if you have lots of placemarks, you can enable loading placemarks by AJAX (dynamic load by JQuery), it is map properties in advanced section

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• saltmedia_AB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #10227 by saltmedia_AB
Replied by saltmedia_AB on topic Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster
What I would like to do is assign some pins a placemark group, and only have those pins cluster. Right now if I set "show placemarks in cluster" all pins on the map will cluster.

If I set "Group placemarks in cluster by placemark group property" to yes, but leave the other option set to no, I dont see any clusters.

Basically I want to set a group property to a specific set of pins, and only have those pins cluster. Is this possible?

More
8 years 1 month ago #10230 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster
Hi
You can't control which placemarks will be clustered and which - no.
All placemarks processed by clusterer, and there is only one difference
- if "Group placemarks in cluster by placemark group property" set to No - all placemarks processed by one default clusterer
- if you set to Yes - for each group will be created separate clusterer, and each group will be clustered separately. In this case you can also override cluster icon

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• saltmedia_AB
  • Topic Author
More
8 years 1 month ago #10233 by saltmedia_AB
Replied by saltmedia_AB on topic Making Only Placemark Groups Cluster
Hello,

That wasnt the answer I wanted, but I guess that is the answer I get :) Thank you for your prompt replies. Keep up the great work!

Time to create page: 0.127 seconds

Donate

Go to top