Expansion of Joomla

• Sawan15
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #5289 by Sawan15
Expansion of Joomla was created by Sawan15
I have a requirement to build one parent site and few child sites..using domain and sub-domain concept and want to have installations of joomla at parent and all sub-domains. But I want only my parent site to hold user data and Alpha user points data while my child sites would be hosting components and modules separately and use user data and Alpha user points data from parent site.

Could any one suggest me is it a good Architecture to go and is there any extension or component already available to achieve it. Example
below:

parent site movies.com Child sites braveheart.movies.com, troy.movies.com

I will have forums, blogs and other component installations at braveheart and troy sub-domains seperately while my Alpha user points and users db/tables would reside at movies.com(main domain).

It's like single-sign on or Centralised Alhpa user points, but free to install same component and modules at different sub-domains.

Highly appreciate any replies or solutions proposed
:) :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #5295 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic Expansion of Joomla
Hi.
On Monday I'll come back to work, and I'll check some MySQL documentation. I have to read a little what database objects it supports (for example, synonyms), and after that I'll reply you more details about ability to use

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

• Sawan15
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 8 months ago #5298 by Sawan15
Replied by Sawan15 on topic Expansion of Joomla
Database mysql ........................php myadmin.

Time to create page: 0.083 seconds

Donate

Go to top