insert article

More
9 years 5 months ago #5621 by mata
insert article was created by mata
hello,

i would like to inform me if it is possible to insert spot from content article into the component automate? and create the spot automate from the article?

thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #5633 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic insert article
Hi.

I'm not clear understand you.
You can insert article into placemark
1 - you can create link to article, enable toolbar button in placemark infowin, or set action by click to open URL - ie article
2 - you can use iframe tag to display article in infowin as content
3 - in article you can easy create map without creating any component object - you can create link to map (check my docs for geotag plugin call)

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
9 years 5 months ago #5641 by dave_logic
Replied by dave_logic on topic insert article
Hi Dima,

I think this is the same feature I would love. Although, without any doubt your component is by far the best mapping tool of its kind out there the one thing it lacks and where many of the others shine is in auto populate of markers on map by using geotags or stored co-ords in the article. To explain.

1 - User creates article (Com_content or K2)
2 - Plugin creates small map in or below editor to select article location which either creates a tag in the content or updates co-ordinates in DB for item.
3 - Your component / module reads these locations and or article categories and puts placemarks automatically on the respective map with relevant icon / color depending on Article category etc..

I've attached a screenshot from my other GoogleMaps component that currently does this.

I currently use yours HERE

and the other HERE

but wished I just had one to do both..

Regards,

Dave
Attachments:

More
9 years 4 months ago #5668 by daytonwindow6
Replied by daytonwindow6 on topic insert article
hi Dima
when i put the menu under zhgoogle map then i change height and width but its does not effect. please help

More
9 years 4 months ago #5672 by Dima
Replied by Dima on topic insert article
Hi

What do you mean.
You create menu item "Map"
And try to override width and height in menu item properties?

Or what?

Don't forget support my developments: post review in JED , donate , help with translation ;)

More
8 years 8 months ago #6985 by Neral
Replied by Neral on topic Placemark – Article integration
I have a similar question about the possibilities of integration with articles. I have multiple articles about certain places. In each article there should be a map with a placemark showing location of the article and also the group of placemarks linking to other articles in the same category.

As I currently understand it, I have to:
1 - Create an article (in fact the articles are already created, but there might be more in the future)
2 - Create a placemark in the desired placemark group
3 - In the "Integration" tab of the placemark choose the article I want to link.
4 - In the text of the article manually insert a plugin code ("{zhgooglemap-group:...")with the ID of the new placemark.

But is there any better or simpler way to do it? For instance, to automatically show the map and placemark in the article once I choose it in the integration tab? Or automatically add a placemark from the article editor?

Time to create page: 0.213 seconds

Donate

Go to top